Graves

Started by Bestusername15, January 06, 2014, 01:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bestusername15

I think there should be marked graves (dont despawn and are conlonist only) and unmarked graves that stay for 10-20 days and are for raiders/animals so you dont have to have mass graves

Untrustedlife

Not sure how this would improve the game at this point...
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Bestusername15

I think it would because graves are quite ugly and take up to much room after a certain amount of time after a while with how often and large attacks are and it could let idle colonist vist graves of comrades and gain some happines buffs or something

TechnicPyro

It isn't about improving the game but is to remember those colonists that came to such tragic ends as a part of something bigger, something that inspired many, something that helped many to survive and thrive!  The colony.

It is about remembering those that you have lost to get to where you are today.

Valdemar FIN

Marked graves? Pfff, just keep your ''dear'' colonist corpses in gibbed cages inside dining room, that will remind rest of the colony to remember who is on charge.

Fear is excellent motivator.

Untrustedlife

If anything the player should have to build a graveyard in which to bury colonists.

And the player should build the gravestones used in the cemetary.
Not sure if ghosts make sense in this  game but, maybe there could be a chance of a ghost if you have too many unmarked graves.Not to mention teh happiness of your colonists would take  a hit because they can't mourn at an unmarked grave-site.
I just don't want them cluttering up the place, and i kind of like having the bodies just laying their it adds immersion.For normal graves the player should have to take an extra step (In this case building the graveyard and building the gravestones)
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Darker

You can clear the graves easily:

I think that's a good means of despawn.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

BattleFate

Almost without fail, everytime I go to light my graveyard/body dumping site on fire to eliminate the bodies, a huge torrential rain starts falling. Sometimes it'll happen while my colonist is walking to the site, although normally it'll only happen once they are already there and have lit a fire or two.

Almost without fail, I cannot clear more than 15% of my graveyard before the fires are put out and I need to wait a day or so for the rain to stop to try again.

I'm pretty sure the game sees 'excessive fires' and sends rain down to compensate...

Untrustedlife

Perhaps it depends on the storyteller?
time for SCIENCE!
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK

Darker

BattleFate is right, I had the exactly same problem. I'm just too sceptical so I blamed my paranoia instead of game algorithm.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Galileus

There is a script that generates rain where fires get too large. It's there to stop fires from consuming half the map and/or for CPU usage reasons.

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: BattleFate on January 06, 2014, 01:26:06 PMAlmost without fail, everytime I go to light my graveyard/body dumping site on fire to eliminate the bodies, a huge torrential rain starts falling. Sometimes it'll happen while my colonist is walking to the site, although normally it'll only happen once they are already there and have lit a fire or two.

Almost without fail, I cannot clear more than 15% of my graveyard before the fires are put out and I need to wait a day or so for the rain to stop to try again.

I'm pretty sure the game sees 'excessive fires' and sends rain down to compensate...

You can fix this by walling your graves indoors. You just have to make sure the graves are at least two tiles away from the walls, preferably with two tiles of concrete firebreak between the graves and the walls.

Alternatively, just use explosive-lined concrete pathways leading to your killbox, with the graves lining either side of the walkway. Fire the explosives off, every grave is emptied, and ready to be refilled immediately by the corpses of your enemies.

And personally, I'd rather build mausoleums for my deceased colonists, above-air rock coffins for my colonists, preferably in some room deep down in the mountain, with a light and a flowerpot and a door, so they can take their eternal rest from the otherwise ceaseless work.
Raiders must die!