[A12d] Enhanced Development - 0.04.00 - 07/11/2015

Started by Jaxxa, August 28, 2015, 09:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaxxa

Please goto the new version in the link:

Enhanced Development

This mod is the continuation of my previous mod "Enhanced Defense": https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6636.0 but renamed to reflect it being more general that just combat. This mod has been created with a number of distinct modules. Theses are designed to allow you to only have to use the parts of the mod that you want to. I have some information about the modules in this post, If you want more information read the .pdf manual. This is still a bit of a work in progress, let me know if you notice any bugs or things that are unclear, especially in the manual.

Manual:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/xhgoa9l5jz71vat/Manual.pdf
The manual is a work in progress, if you see something that could be explained better let me know and I can improve it.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d0104qd01yh3x0t/Enhanced-Development_00.04.00.zip

Old Downloads:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ky5mx8ztibixnbx/Enhanced-Development_00.01.00.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/p6fcbo06ldrmw6j/Enhanced-Development_00.02.00.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r6biwj3ouamwdbi/Enhanced-Development_00.03.00.zip

Features:

Reverse cycle Cooler
Adds a Reverse Cycle Cooler. Identical to the standard cooler except that it can easily be rotated to reverse the direction of the temperature flow.

Stargate

Adds a Stargate System, Allows for the Transport of Personnel and Supplies between Colonies.

Shields

This mod allows you to place shield generators. They are expensive and power hungry but can really strengthen your defences. The shields will stop projectiles that try to enter it, but allow weapons to be fired out.

PersonalShields

Adds Personal Shields into the game. Allows you to construct a building capable of upgrading your colonists to have a personal shield capable of protecting them from damage.

NEW: These shields can now be applied to animals.

WirelessPower

Allows the creation of a Wireless power grid.
Wireless power Nodes can transmit or receive power from the grid.
If the grid is overloaded it will completely shutdown all receiving nodes and require you to reactivate them.

OmniGel

This mod allows you to have a renewable source of Metal and Stone.
You start by planting and harvesting the OmniGel plant.
You then need to research and build a MK1Replicator.
This is a workbench that allows you to transform the OmniGel that you harvest into slag or rock.
You then use this in the standard rock cutting or slag refining benches are in rimworld to get usable materials.

LaserDrill

Adds a Laser Drill that allows the creation of new steam vents, and a Laser laserFill that allows you to remove unwanted steam vents. Both of these operations will take a considerable amount of time.

Embrasures
Embrasures is a mod that adds 4 new wall types (one for metal, stone, wood and logs). The walls have openings for colonists to shoot at their enemies, while not allowing any to pass through. Basically, they look like holes in the walls but they work more like like impassable sand bags (it looks like a hole in each block but the whole block is open to let through bullets).

ED-Plants24H
-Plants will grow 24 Hours a day if they have sufficient lighting
-Effects PlantPotato, PlantStrawberry, PlantCotton, PlantDevilstrand, PlantXerigium, PlantRose, PlantDaylily

ED-Vent

Adds a Vent System that allows you to Equalise the temperature between two Rooms.
Uses a modified cooler graphic, does not matter what direction it is placed. Power it on to equalise the temperature between two rooms, power it off to keep the temperature separate. Made out of Stuff, has the same health as a wall made from that stuff. Except for the power switch none of the buttons will do anything.

LanMc

Excellent!  I love so many things about this mod!
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Iwillbenicetou

Nice. Like the new change of name. And as you said, more focussed on general stuff.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

highlander345

Heya, I liked your mod when it was Enhanced Defense, however I currently can't get it to load into my game, I'm not picking up any errors but he info on the mod is blank

FreddyFazbear

Cool mod, but i thought personal shields and vents were already in the game.

Jaxxa

Quote from: highlander345 on August 29, 2015, 02:36:09 PM
Heya, I liked your mod when it was Enhanced Defense, however I currently can't get it to load into my game, I'm not picking up any errors but he info on the mod is blank

Check that it is not inside another folder. It under \mods there should be all of the "ED-" folders. Make certain that it isn't  \mods\Enhanced Development\ED-

Quote from: FreddyFazbear on August 29, 2015, 02:52:14 PM
Cool mod, but i thought personal shields and vents were already in the game.

Yes they are, although these are slightly different implementation of them from before they were in the core game.

These vents need power and if the power is shut off they will stop working.

My personal shields will need to be recharged at a charging station when they are damaged instead of recharging themselves, although mine can also defend against melee attacks and you can shoot out of them.

highlander345

Quote from: Jaxxa on August 29, 2015, 06:43:16 PM
Quote from: highlander345 on August 29, 2015, 02:36:09 PM

Check that it is not inside another folder. It under \mods there should be all of the "ED-" folders. Make certain that it isn't  \mods\Enhanced Development\ED-

Well I feel so dumb right now, thanks very much though :)

Aster198

they took out the deep strike addition to this mod, no more drop pods :(

Jaxxa

Noted, there were a few issues with it, although it may be making a return in a future version.

Inertial Mage

Just FYI , there are some texture issues when i activate the stargate module with misc MAI's recharge station

Kulverstukass

Aaand there is still problem with Fort-shield not preventing first (after loading savegame) drop-pod's landing within it's area while option to stop them is ON.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

UncleFubar

Powered Vents no workie because the textures are not where they're expected.

Problem is in Buildings_Temperature.xml: <texPath>Things/Building/Misc/TempControl/Vent</texPath>

The jpgs are sitting in ED-Vent/textures/Things. So I added the extra subdirectories and moved the image files to fix.

Zebrin

This mod is pretty damn cool... One question though, on the shield submod, is there a way to add items or structures to allow them to be covered by the SIF Shield? I ask because I am using the Embrasures from a separate mod (Mechanical Defence 2 if that matters.) because I like the ability to change them into full walls if I am not shooting out of them. Unfortunately, they don't get shielded, which makes the energy I am using on the SIF pretty much wasted.
**Silence is the only answer to the mundane**

Jaxxa

Quote from: Inertial Mage on September 07, 2015, 08:36:36 PM
Just FYI , there are some texture issues when i activate the stargate module with misc MAI's recharge station
Quote from: Kulverstukass on September 12, 2015, 10:18:39 AM
Aaand there is still problem with Fort-shield not preventing first (after loading savegame) drop-pod's landing within it's area while option to stop them is ON.

Thanks I will look into those.
Quote from: UncleFubar on September 15, 2015, 01:45:28 AM
Powered Vents no workie because the textures are not where they're expected.

Problem is in Buildings_Temperature.xml: <texPath>Things/Building/Misc/TempControl/Vent</texPath>

The jpgs are sitting in ED-Vent/textures/Things. So I added the extra subdirectories and moved the image files to fix.

Strange, I had a look and it seams that I am just using the stock vent graphics now and so those images are unneeded, I had them back before vents were build into the game. Strange that is wasnt working for you though.

Quote from: Zebrin on September 16, 2015, 11:23:55 PM
This mod is pretty damn cool... One question though, on the shield submod, is there a way to add items or structures to allow them to be covered by the SIF Shield? I ask because I am using the Embrasures from a separate mod (Mechanical Defence 2 if that matters.) because I like the ability to change them into full walls if I am not shooting out of them. Unfortunately, they don't get shielded, which makes the energy I am using on the SIF pretty much wasted.

Yes, if you have a look in Buildings_Shields, in the Building_ShieldSIF section you should see a SIFBuildings list, if you add the names to that list is should work.

mysticmaple

there is still problem with Fort-shield not preventing first (after loading savegame) drop-pod's landing within it's area while option to stop them is ON!!!!  :o