Tamed thrumbos left my colony

Started by zenfur, September 04, 2015, 04:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenfur

At some point I noticed my 3 tamed thrumbos gone missing. Later after I tamed another one I noticed that he just went straight away from my colony. Is this because I was lacking food and he was starving?

I am so confused, no other animal does that. Did anyone else experience that?
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

christhekiller

It might be a bug? Did you get them from Thrumbo's that came in from the "but they'll leave in a few days" event

BinaryBlackhole

It worked for me however I locked them up in a box for a few days while trying to tame them try locking them up for a while next time.

zenfur

Quote from: BinaryBlackhole on September 04, 2015, 06:27:57 PM
It worked for me however I locked them up in a box for a few days while trying to tame them try locking them up for a while next time.

You don't understand. They were locked when I was taming them. Tamed them -> they left the map.

Yes these were from that event. However I haven't experienced that behaviour from them before. I was very surprised at first where did my 3 thrumbos go. It looks like my game save is anti-thrumbo now. I'll try buying one from trader and see if he is going to leave me as well.

ble210

Did they have a food source?  Also- I've heard that if the thrumbo shows up through the event, it will leave no matter what, even if you tamed it (it follows the event script).

TLHeart

my thrumbro that I tamed from the herd is wandering close by, is still with me 2 years later. Just need trees for it to eat to keep it happy.

zenfur

I've had a volcanic winter for a year now and I'm short on food, so they were starving from time to time.

b0rsuk

Once they make up their mind on leaving, you can even shoot them without retaliation. You get the message about Thrumbo Revenge, but they continue moving towards map edge.