Started by rooki1, September 11, 2015, 04:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooki1

v0.12 Updated!

v0.12:
-Insectoid hive added
-Antis added
-Gnawler added

Insectoid hive: A hive of gene-modified insects. Originally made for fight against Mechanoid invasion, creators of these creatures applied hive-mind system of their foes to society system of insectoid hive. Unfortunately, these new species are became totally out of control and became another threat for human exist.

Antis: A quiet stalker and merciless killer, Ant mantis is a warrior caste of the insectoid hive. This species were created to beat the Mechanoid invasion, but it is dangerous to people, too. A social creature, it cannot reproduce individually.

Gnawler: A "grunt" caste of the insectoid hive, gnawler is a much smaller than other warrior caste, and on its own it doesn't seem dangerous. However, if many gnawlers are grouped together, things change. A social creature, it cannot reproduce individually.

A Friend

:U

Is the NOPE hive a faction? Like does it raid you or is it just another animal to hunt around?
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

rooki1

Quote from: A Friend on September 21, 2015, 08:00:30 AM

Is the NOPE hive a faction? Like does it raid you or is it just another animal to hunt around?

Unfortunately for the colonists, they are faction just like Mechanoid hive. I'll add more insects later, after adding some gazelles and hippos. Well, you can also see some roaming insectoids in wild.

A Friend

Quote from: rooki1 on September 21, 2015, 08:05:12 AM

Unfortunately for the colonists, they are faction just like Mechanoid hive. I'll add more insects later, after adding some gazelles and hippos. Well, you can also see some roaming insectoids in wild.

Neat. Now my colonist can eat alien ticks.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Beathrus

Quote from: A Friend on September 21, 2015, 08:12:57 AM

I feel like... we need alien bug armor!

Ptolisgoodguy

I really want the ability to either tame or recruit the hive members if you incapacitate them and hold them prisoner.

That would lead to either some really weird colonists, or some epic 'RELEASE THE ANTIS!' moments.
I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!

Shackleberry

Quote from: Beathrus on September 21, 2015, 09:35:51 AM

A "chitin" resource from butchering/machining them and a new recipe for chitin-plated armor at the machining/smithing table?

Beathrus

Quote from: Shackleberry on September 21, 2015, 01:57:33 PM
Quote from: Beathrus on September 21, 2015, 09:35:51 AM

A "chitin" resource from butchering/machining them and a new recipe for chitin-plated armor at the machining/smithing table?

Yes, Or maybe a special table, just for it. Like, buy the table from an Exotic good merchant; and it'll allow you to work the chitin into gear.

caboose410

Quote from: Ptolisgoodguy on September 21, 2015, 01:39:32 PM
I really want the ability to either tame or recruit the hive members if you incapacitate them and hold them prisoner.

That would lead to either some really weird colonists, or some epic 'RELEASE THE ANTIS!' moments.
Yeah that would be extremely cool. I think rooki1 should eventually add a hivemind/queen creature that can be purchased or tamed. And once you have her you can breed new/tame existing hive creature to join your hivemind. Either way, the queen should play a big role for this faction, like when she is killed other bugs just scatters or something.

Fallatus

Quote from: caboose410 on September 21, 2015, 05:12:50 PM
Quote from: Ptolisgoodguy on September 21, 2015, 01:39:32 PM

Yeah that would be extremely cool. I think rooki1 should eventually add a hivemind/queen creature that can be purchased or tamed. And once you have her you can breed new/tame existing hive creature to join your hivemind. Either way, the queen should play a big role for this faction, like when she is killed other bugs just scatters or something.
Or maybe they all go into a frenzy, attacking whatever is closest to them, Including their own.

Herc18

LOVE the new additions, Agree with the armor and weapons being made out of the shells would be really cool, This is my new favorite mod to follow! Keep up the good work :)))
What has been, will be again.

rooki1

Hot fix.

There was an error that Insectoid don't attack other factions.
After a short discussion, they have agreed with me to attack your colony. Yay.

whoishigh

Like everyone else, I'm loving the artwork! Keep up the good work!

Wild Card

Yeah they look great and i think this mod will be a fine adition to the rimworld...world :)
GL with your next ones.
Also as a sidenote, it says on my turtle that it`s producing cotton...shouldn`t it be shells?
And do you have any plans of making some of the feathers shells mandibles whatevers of creatures be craftable into weapons or equipment or something like that.
Like an armor suit of some medieval faction made from fort turtle scales.  Or a raptor feather headdress for the great warriors of some tribe
And so on...ofc i mean craftable by the player

AllenWL

Just a question, but have you ever considered getting someone to proofread the lore and such for the mod?