Game stop respond before raid and eventually crash.

Started by Aristocat, September 12, 2015, 10:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristocat

In early games where raid is small this isn't big problem but the bigger the raid the longer "not responding" and eventually crash from too much heap section.

This is mods I use.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>914</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>Community Core Library</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
    <li>BackstoriesCore</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Storyteller</li>
    <li>Darkness (SBO)</li>
    <li>MoreHair</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_hair</li>
    <li>Biodiversity</li>
    <li>Better_Tribals</li>
    <li>Apparello</li>
    <li>AlphaMuffaloHat</li>
    <li>MD2Base</li>
    <li>ED-Core</li>
    <li>SCA11Core</li>
    <li>RWAutoSell</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous</li>
    <li>MAI</li>
    <li>PowerSwitch</li>
    <li>ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
    <li>Industrialisation v0.98</li>
    <li>ED-Shields</li>
    <li>ED-Stargate</li>
    <li>RT Fusebox</li>
    <li>RT Storage</li>
    <li>MD2Industry</li>
    <li>MD2Manufacturing</li>
    <li>MD2Power</li>
    <li>MD2Storage</li>
    <li>BiomatterPower</li>
    <li>Finer Things</li>
    <li>Recycling</li>
    <li>EnhancedFireFight</li>
    <li>AnimalHideWorking</li>
    <li>Hedgehogs</li>
    <li>Glassworks</li>
    <li>CTS</li>
    <li>Weed</li>
    <li>Stroyent</li>
    <li>VeinMiner</li>
    <li>RoofSupport</li>
    <li>Rimfire</li>
    <li>EMP pistol</li>
    <li>ProjectArmory300</li>
    <li>Liandri Corp</li>
    <li>Weapon Crafting 1.3</li>
    <li>Weapon Crafting + Rimfire Patch</li>
    <li>OmniStorage</li>
    <li>OmniFloors</li>
    <li>BeanTekRefrigeratedFoodStorage</li>
    <li>RW_A2B</li>
    <li>RW_A2B_Selector</li>
    <li>RW_A2B_Teleport</li>
    <li>CaveworldFlora</li>
    <li>ContainersForStuff</li>
    <li>Clutter</li>
    <li>T-ConditionRed</li>
    <li>AdditionalJoyObjects</li>
    <li>Turret Collection</li>
    <li>Turret Collection Overkill</li>
    <li>Suicide Bomb</li>
    <li>Marines</li>
    <li>Ish_MedievalNobleHouse</li>
    <li>BunkerTech</li>
    <li>Medical Drinks</li>
    <li>FishIndustry</li>
    <li>MechanoidTerraformer</li>
    <li>Extreme Temperature Shields</li>
    <li>Norbals</li>
    <li>Pirates!</li>
    <li>PreTranscended</li>
    <li>PrisonImprovements</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>AutoHuntBeacon</li>
    <li>AbilityPack</li>
    <li>AlienAnts</li>
    <li>MechaTanks</li>
    <li>M&amp;Co. Common</li>
    <li>M&amp;Co. MMS</li>
    <li>M&amp;Co. MiningHelmet</li>
    <li>Pawn State Icons</li>
    <li>EdBInterface</li>
    <li>LT_Infusion</li>
    <li>LT_DoorMat</li>
    <li>LT_RedistHeat</li>
    <li>Mending_SK</li>
    <li>Throwing Knives</li>
    <li>PowerArmourMKII-PowerArmourMKII1.1</li>
    <li>MedievalShields-MedievalShields1.3</li>
    <li>M&amp;Co. LaserFence</li>
    <li>M&amp;Co. ForceField</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

I noticed output log has EXTREMELY long same error massage. It was 800 kb that I couldn't even upload it so I trimmed it a bit. Mostly

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Neil, Job=Wait, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MedievalShields.Apparel_MedievalShield.AllowVerbCast (IntVec3 root, TargetInfo targ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Verb.CanHitTargetFrom (IntVec3 root, TargetInfo targ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Verb.CanHitTarget (TargetInfo targ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Verb.TryStartCastOn (TargetInfo castTarg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Pawn_NativeVerbs.TryMeleeAttack (Verse.Thing target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver_Wait.CheckForAutoAttack () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver_Wait+<MakeNewToils>c__IteratorF5.<>m__321 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Couldn't extract exception string from exception (another exception of class 'OutOfMemoryException' was thrown while processing the stack trace)

(Filename:  Line: 446)

These and

(Filename:  Line: 101)

Invalid GUIClip stack popping

this

Also what does this mean? It seems this error randomly pops up when enemy is in map

Pre Faction Check

Sorry mate... somthing was null.

Pre Faction ally Check

Sorry mate... somthing was null. ally

Also these error pops up every time I load game.

Exception registering Verse.ThingWithComps LabradorRetriever_Leather266298 in loaded object directory with unique load ID LabradorRetriever_Leather266298: System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,Verse.ILoadReferenceable].Add (System.String key, ILoadReferenceable value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.LoadedObjectDirectory.RegisterLoaded (ILoadReferenceable reffable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception registering Infusion.ThingWithInfusions Gun_Huot_PA164100 in loaded object directory with unique load ID Gun_Huot_PA164100: System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,Verse.ILoadReferenceable].Add (System.String key, ILoadReferenceable value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.LoadedObjectDirectory.RegisterLoaded (ILoadReferenceable reffable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[attachment deleted due to age]

Aristocat

I loaded game and this time it didn't crashed for some reason. It wasn't raid but "friendly" faction with -74 relation visit. Maybe infinity faction check crash game?

It seems activating developer tool prevent crash.

Edit : it seems colonist being berserk while friendly faction visiting is cause of crash?

Edit : Game crashes when berserk pawn opens door.

Game crashes whenever colonist berserk.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Aristocat on September 12, 2015, 10:31:08 AM
I loaded game and this time it didn't crashed for some reason. It wasn't raid but "friendly" faction with -74 relation visit. Maybe infinity faction check crash game?

Edit : it seems colonist being berserk while friendly faction visiting is cause of crash?

Considering you are using mods that I have not been able to make compatible things are bound to happen that I can not explain. Try only using the mods that I have made compatible and see if your issues have been fixed.

Also this modpack is very extensive and is growing constantly I would not be surprised if we reach a point or already has a reached a point, to where your processor can not handle all of the information the game needs to load. This game runs on a single core. Having a top of the line single core processor may be the only way to play the full modpack at some point lol :)

Aristocat

Quote from: Ninefinger on September 12, 2015, 02:01:13 PM
Quote from: Aristocat on September 12, 2015, 10:31:08 AM

Considering you are using mods that I have not been able to make compatible things are bound to happen that I can not explain. Try only using the mods that I have made compatible and see if your issues have been fixed.

Also this modpack is very extensive and is growing constantly I would not be surprised if we reach a point or already has a reached a point, to where your processor can not handle all of the information the game needs to load. This game runs on a single core. Having a top of the line single core processor may be the only way to play the full modpack at some point lol :)

Is it mend mod that cause problem? or force field? Or is it because sometimes I use dev tool? I'll try only your mod if bugs consist.

Also back when I used your mod pack in alpha 11 or so I never got laggy until there's at least 60 pawns around, and this game I have only around 10. So I don't think this is performance problem.

Ninefinger

Ok well then I feel it would be best to only use the mods that i have made compatible, I know you and others like the mending mod, but I have made my own version of this by allowing you to recycle clothinga nd armor to use those resources to go towards making new clothes and armor.

Might be a good idea to use a fresh install of rimworld and update to the latest modpack and ModConfig and maybe even try restart your PC. I hope you can get it working smoothly. :)