Changes to Chickens

Started by Kajin, September 13, 2015, 04:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki88

There's a breed of chicken called the buckeye that will hunt mice and rats more aggressively than a cat will... and then fight over the dead body.

MultiDavid

Quote from: Loki88 on September 18, 2015, 05:30:41 PM
There's a breed of chicken called the buckeye that will hunt mice and rats more aggressively than a cat will... and then fight over the dead body.

Srsly ?

Loki88

Quote from: MultiDavid on September 18, 2015, 06:15:25 PM

Srsly ?

Yep... strangely they're also the only breed of chicken to be developed entirely by a woman. Not saying that as a bad thing. They're also very "talkative"

MultiDavid

Quote from: Loki88 on September 18, 2015, 06:28:02 PM
Quote from: MultiDavid on September 18, 2015, 06:15:25 PM

You mean a woman bred these chicken purpously to hunt mice oO ?
Srsly ?

Yep... strangely they're also the only breed of chicken to be developed entirely by a woman. Not saying that as a bad thing. They're also very "talkative"

Loki88

She bred them to be a "utility" chicken that lays a decent amount of eggs, yields a decent size carcass and as a bonus hunts rodents... I'm really not sure how she pulled that last one off

MultiDavid

Quote from: Loki88 on September 18, 2015, 07:48:22 PM
She bred them to be a "utility" chicken that lays a decent amount of eggs, yields a decent size carcass and as a bonus hunts rodents... I'm really not sure how she pulled that last one off

Probably filled a few rodent-like bags with grain, and slowly but surely the chickens got used to it xD

Kajin

Nah. My guess is that she found a breed of chicken that was already naturally aggressive and fed them dead or mostly dead rodents and worked on up to injured and healthy rodents. The ones that took more readily to the hunting were bred while the ones that didn't were culled. Might have experimented with breeding different aggressive breeds of chickens together, selecting from above trials, until she found one that would proactively hunt small mammals given the opportunity.

At least that's how I'd do it, anyway.

MultiDavid

Quote from: Kajin on September 18, 2015, 08:53:28 PM
Nah. My guess is that she found a breed of chicken that was already naturally aggressive and fed them dead or mostly dead rodents and worked on up to injured and healthy rodents. The ones that took more readily to the hunting were bred while the ones that didn't were culled. Might have experimented with breeding different aggressive breeds of chickens together, selecting from above trials, until she found one that would proactively hunt small mammals given the opportunity.

At least that's how I'd do it, anyway.

Natural selection at its finest.

Wow, that would make a glorious mod.

FMJ Penguin

whole thread makes me wanna boycott KFC......
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Loki88

Quote from: FMJ Penguin on September 19, 2015, 10:53:23 AM

You should be boycotting it anyway... I know people that work there, and HELL NO am I eating it after hearing their work stories.

MultiDavid

Quote from: Loki88 on September 19, 2015, 11:02:41 AM

You should be boycotting it anyway... I know people that work there, and HELL NO am I eating it after hearing their work stories.

Explain :3

FMJ Penguin

yes explain please.... I'm intrigued  ???   lolz
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Tagasaki

Quote from: MultiDavid on September 19, 2015, 11:05:25 AM

Explain :3

Interesting................ please elaborate :3

Kajin

If the stories are anything like the ones I have from my time working at Captain D's, he's probably boycotting chicken itself for the rest of his life. I haven't worked at Captain D's for eight years now and I STILL can't stand fish or seafood of any kind.

*shudders*

FMJ Penguin

Loki88 you do know your going to hell for leaving us hanging like this right? Hell hell hell......