[Mod Idea] Ghosts!

Started by lyrica56, September 14, 2015, 05:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyrica56

It's fully new addition to a game but for me it's sounds very cool.
Add various types of ghosts:
1. Ghost encounters like raiders/drifters/visitors
2. Ghosts of colonists who past away (friendly, not)
3. just random ghost guys who spawns in the dark places (I like this)
Interactions:
1. Ghosts can startle people (various moods penalties)
2. Make dirt/break things/start fire
3. Colonists can exorcise them
4. Friendly ghosts can help with bad ones/startle raiders/give a mood bonuses
Something like this.
(ghost hunters, ghost traits and backstories, interaction with "incapable of scary" is obvious)
Also, visually ghost it's a normal person but with transparency and/or in grayscale.

FMJ Penguin

muhahaha..... boo... I like it, even if it were only a mood debuff/bonus coupled with an interesting "thought" and such.  Grumpy because x-wife's ghost hung his underwear in a nearby tree...
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

MisterVertigo

Heh, I like it! Some colonist will be afraid of them, while others will get a Joy bonus by trying to talk to them! :)
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

MarcTheMerc

It seems unlore friendly as pure ghost but as some kind of 'mysterious effect' it would be awesome.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Oxidus

Wow,or ghosts of unsatisfied ghosts,or the ones which were unproperly buried or ones who died brutally even if they were pacifists.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

milon

Austupaio

Oh my gosh, ghosts are bad enough in Dwarf Fortress, where combat on a large scale isn't particularly common.

Last thing I need is to have my very own version of Lordaeron after I kill a tribal attack of several dozen tribals, only to be swarmed by their spirits.

Bastobasto

Ghost in rim world !?

This would be...special ...

rakkaus

Someone, please, do this mod!  :D

LWM

Oh, wow.  I like it.

...If no one beats me to the punch, this is now on my "to make" list, because it sounds like fun!

If anyone (or anyones) wants to make various textures for RimWorld ghosts and make them freely available, I bet that would speed up the mod process ^.^

Albion

I didn't do much yet but I'm actually already working on this general idea.
If you want to we could talk about a collaboration, LWM. Just shoot me a message.

LWM

KozmoD

Add a Ghost Hunting tool and Ectoplasm related items and it would be the best mod.

rogelio11

did someone say ghost hunting?!? I'm down for this mod 1+

Would be cool if have items from the ghostbuster films and other stuff like the mood slime or something similar for your pawns for happiness for a limited time or if you don't make your pawns happy. Their angrier makes the mood slime spawns a ghost or destroy or damage something nearby its radius.

Plus we can gather ghosts for any spritual spells, cruses, hell source of power lol