Animal Quick-Flick

Started by LouisTBR, September 19, 2015, 11:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisTBR

The button to cycle through colonists is one of the most helpful things Tynan has implemented over the course of Rimworld's alphas. It lets you do quick equipment checks, see if anyone needs some organs which the prisoners will kindly donate, or simply to check what each person is doing. With the new medicine system, it is also useful if you don't like using your good medicine on haulers, as they are easy to find. With animals, it is also required. Going through each animal to check if they are all fully trained now is annoying, as the best way to combat it takes lots of time and effort. A button to cycle through your animals is much needed in my opinion. What do you think?
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Loki88

+1

The animal system will likely get streamlined in the future as this was the first version to officially have them. There will probably be a few more little improvements that can be made. Any ideas?

zenfur

I agree with animal cycling. Although, as there are only 4 training options, they (with progress) could be reachable directly from animals tab. It would be great if they were manageable with such ease as restrictions.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

LouisTBR

zenfur, I understand what you mean. An option to not just be able to train them from that menu, but be able to schedule them like colonists. This would be part of the obedience training. Anything else?
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Fluffy (l2032)

You might want to look at my Enhanced Tabs mod (link in signature). It adds sorting to the work tab, but crucially it makes the animals tab a lot more informative and useful (overview of training, designate training and slaughter, etc). It's just a UI thing, doesn't add any gameplay related stuff, so it's about as vanilla as it gets.

LouisTBR