[Mod Request] Specific Materials

Started by Beathrus, September 21, 2015, 08:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beathrus

Okay, Kinda basic idea:

We can currently choose quality, and health of an item. But we need a mod to choose which materials as well.

Say I have a gold or plasteel need? But can't find any to mine, while sitting on a pile of gold things. So...

Let me specific specifically which materials to get from gear; say I want gold, only gold items will be broken down and materials collected. That sorta thing.

Toggle

To refine what you said, as it's a bit over the place:

Add an option when smelting weapons to choose the material of the weapons smelted. Example: Smelting a sword, the mod would allow you to choose to specifically smelt gold swords, instead of all types.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Beathrus

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on September 21, 2015, 09:13:38 PM
To refine what you said, as it's a bit over the place:

Add an option when smelting weapons to choose the material of the weapons smelted. Example: Smelting a sword, the mod would allow you to choose to specifically smelt gold swords, instead of all types.

Yes. Simplified that is exactly it: Breaking down specific objects of needed materials.

i.e

I do not want to break down, all my poor quality shivs. Instead, I simply wish to break down, all my shivs that are made of plasteel, no matter the quality of said shiv.

kouron

what if you played as the colonists on the ship on the way there as well as on the planet?
you could play as a team maintaining the ship as it goes toward (planet here) then manage the splashdown, and based on things like(packing the crash pods with ballistic foam) you get more supplies/colonists