Roof Collapses

Started by SpringBean, January 12, 2014, 04:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpringBean

So I keep building a generator in my underground home place, and the roof keeps collapsing on it! Killed one of my guys once too, what's with this roof collapsing thing and how do I prevent it?

(Got the game today sorry if obvious)

EDIT:
Also when I place any type of flooring residue from the old floor remains, how to remove?
How to trade with ships using comms?

harpo99999

the roof collapse will happen at a distance of (from memory )7 squares from a rock or built wall, but I have had wall to wall gaps of up to 10 but usually leave only 8 or 9 squares between posts as a bit of a buffer

Semmy

Roofing will chance in the future.
Not the next update. But it will become a manual option.

And yes roofs collapse at about 7 squares from a wall/mountain. This applies horizontal/vertical and diagonal.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

SpringBean

Thanks guys, appreciate the replies.

Argus

Keep in mind you need not build tiny rooms; you can build 1x1 'wall' support columns to help hold up a roof for larger rooms.

Malicar

Heh I tried to wall my Solar Array up and then provide a secret access tunnel from the mountain base. However I didn't realize it would try and put a roof over it so it says something along the lines of not enough room to close roof and you see this little sliver of light cracking through the top of the roof. So then I figure ok I'll remove some of these wall segments LOL. Next thing I know the roof is collapsing but only in certain areas where I removed the supports. Great mechanics I wasn't expecting anything to happen. Had to reload but collapsing roof is pretty cool and was funny at the same time as I destroyed my entire array.

Plasmatic

Quote from: Malicar on January 14, 2014, 02:57:24 PM
Heh I tried to wall my Solar Array up and then provide a secret access tunnel from the mountain base. However I didn't realize it would try and put a roof over it so it says something along the lines of not enough room to close roof and you see this little sliver of light cracking through the top of the roof. So then I figure ok I'll remove some of these wall segments LOL. Next thing I know the roof is collapsing but only in certain areas where I removed the supports. Great mechanics I wasn't expecting anything to happen. Had to reload but collapsing roof is pretty cool and was funny at the same time as I destroyed my entire array.

If you build it right, you can collapse it on raiders which is pretty nifty.. only problem is the excessive scrap left..

Malicar

Quote from: Plasmatic on January 14, 2014, 03:33:18 PM
If you build it right, you can collapse it on raiders which is pretty nifty.. only problem is the excessive scrap left..

Damn thats devious and I love it LOL... Would have worked perfect As I had the array split into 4x4 with 2x2 concrete around each hub and walled entirely cept for the entrance and exit which was the path most southern raiders took  :o