Meals containing human meat explicitly do not stack with meals without

Started by Didact04, September 23, 2015, 12:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Didact04

I can't tell you the amount of times I've had to lock an entire stack of meals because one of them contained human meat for any reason. Maybe a really tight winter just ended and we're ready to start eating food that isn't made with some of our visitors; maybe it's a simple misclick in the menu for what to make into meals. Either way, the way I understand meals to work is that if you have one ingredient in a stack, and you add a single meal containing another ingredient, all meals are considered to have both ingredients. They merge. That means that if you put one human roast on top of a stack of baked potatoes, suddenly every meal is thug roast with a side of hashbrowns.

This is inconsequential every other time EXCEPT for in this particular instance, in which case it wastes a ton of food or applies a hefty debuff for absolutely no reason. Meals with human meat should SPECIFICALLY not stack with meals for this very reason.

This seems like a mechanic that will get fixed up later as the game develops, but in the meantime one single piece of human meat can effectively spoil an entire stack of meal platters, and that's just silly.

Loki88

Quote from: Didact04 on September 23, 2015, 12:23:23 AM
suddenly every meal is thug roast with a side of hashbrowns.

That line made me laugh more than it should have...

I'd like to see this be a thing as well though. what I usually do though is set up an NPD in my prison and that's where the human meat goes to... better than starving! now that I think about it though it seems rather cruel to feed a pirate his dead buddies as paste... Yummy

Drahkon

Not sure if it's really required, but I'd not be directly against it. I myself make quite sure that even on a colony where I am butchering my enemies to feed my pack of attack wargs or whatever, human bodies and meat stay far away from my actual kitchen and serve it only as paste to make it stretch if thing were that tight.
Separate butcher table, stockpiles, npd, hoppers.