[TOOL] Rimifier (Basic, Raiders, Colonist, Skills, Traits, Cloning)

Started by DoomerDGR8, January 16, 2014, 07:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoomerDGR8

Hi all!

Here is my attempt at playing with interesting XML save files!

I have so so far:

• Zone Manager

You'll need .Net Framework 4.5 now.
You'll need to get the updated Rimifier Dependents package as well

Updated to v1.0.2.0 (02-Feb-2014)

- Downloads from CodePlex from now on: Rimifier releases

keensta

Very nice I'll download later and take a look. It now really sucks I don't write .net code we might of been able to collaborate. I might be wrong but isn't the other one .net code you should try and contact him and see if you can collaborate.
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

Darker

Quotethank to Ty
You must be brave man, and not complain... I was too disappointed after revealing some changes in the future release, but after all, they're mostly necessary.

Isn't it a challenge to figure out how to edit resources on map, instead of just changing numbers? Any kid can do that.
And that and colonist name changing are the only issues you might face in the end...
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

DoomerDGR8

Quote from: Darker on January 16, 2014, 09:47:29 AM
Quotethank to Ty
You must be brave man, and not complain... I was too disappointed after revealing some changes in the future release, but after all, they're mostly necessary.

Isn't it a challenge to figure out how to edit resources on map, instead of just changing numbers? Any kid can do that.
And that and colonist name changing are the only issues you might face in the end...

At the moment, the game is not restrictive in many ways. You can have all the traits in the save file. The effects will not stack. You can mix Childhood with Adulthood or have same backstory for both...

Right now, it's fun editing. And I believe we have all major section covered in the save file.

As for kid stuff, well, everyone started by editing the basic ones. I prefer editing save file instead of the Assembly-C#.dll which i have fully modified for insane fun and it's not kid stuff.

Darker

Oh damn... Was that post reply to me or the other guy? Sorry for my english, but I don't understand the context.

DoomerDGR8

Quote from: Darker on January 16, 2014, 05:43:42 PM
Oh damn... Was that post reply to me or the other guy? Sorry for my english, but I don't understand the context.
I forgot to quote. Not really a reply. just conversation. What's wrong with you English? It perfect.

Darker

Quote from: DoomerDGR8 on January 17, 2014, 03:23:03 AM
What's wrong with you English? It perfect.
Sometimes, a sentence appears that I must read several times until I get it... Mostly, it's when  don't focus what am I actually reading.

As for kid stuff
Oh, now I see it might seem I'm accusing to be a script kiddie or something... But that's not the point! I didn't mean it that way.
I was just trying to encourage to take the savefile changes for challenge, instead of nasty complication.

DoomerDGR8

Quote from: Darker on January 17, 2014, 04:33:44 AM
Quote from: DoomerDGR8 on January 17, 2014, 03:23:03 AM
What's wrong with you English? It perfect.
Sometimes, a sentence appears that I must read several times until I get it... Mostly, it's when  don't focus what am I actually reading.

As for kid stuff
Oh, now I see it might seem I'm accusing to be a script kiddie or something... But that's not the point! I didn't mean it that way.
I was just trying to encourage to take the savefile changes for challenge, instead of nasty complication.
Challenge is always welcomed. I just need to steal more time for my coding hobbies... and I will. You and everyone else here who contributed in anyways are just awesome!

DoomerDGR8

why1do

Can i request that the excessive backups get stored in a folder of the save name
Also can you add a way to "clone" colonists

other than that pretty good

DoomerDGR8

Quote from: why1do on January 17, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
Can i request that the excessive backups get stored in a folder of the save name
Also can you add a way to "clone" colonists

other than that pretty good
Both your requests are live!

why1do

thanks, it looks good if I think of any thing I will ask

Plasmatic

Everytime I start the Exe the computer loads for a little bit but nothing happens, I assume this means I don't have the required version of .NET?
(even though I have about 40 frigin versions installed, fuck you steam, fuck you)

why1do

Plasmatic

Quote from: why1do on January 19, 2014, 03:17:44 PM
do you have the dependents in the file with the exe

the Rimifier.exe.config file is in the same place as the Rimifier.exe, which is in the same place as the rimworld exe.