[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Detouring only applies to methods (code) and classes are just conceptual containers for data (fields).  Since data isn't "run" then detouring doesn't even make sense in their context.

For the private pawn field, you just need a little reflection.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

zlj

Hi,

unfortunately that didn't make any sense to me, or maybe i didn't clearly state what i wanted to say in the first place =p

RimWorld instantiates SkillRecord classes

I'd like it to instantiate MyMuchBetterSkillRecordThatDoesn'tUseStupidPrivateVariables classes instead, which basically is a clone of SkillRecord but with several modifications. But from your response i'm getting that this is not possible.

As for the reflection, i tried that, but it kind of fails pretty badly (with all Pawns not being able to do anything). I'd appreciate it if you can provide a hint at what i'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

namespace static_quality
{
    class static_quality_no_skill_degrading : SkillRecord
    {

public static FieldInfo fi = typeof(SkillRecord).GetField("pawn", BindingFlags.Instance | BindingFlags.NonPublic);
Pawn pawn = (Pawn)fi.GetValue(null);

public float _LearningFactor
        {
            get
            {
                if (DebugSettings.fastLearning)
                {
                    return 200f;
                }
                float num = pawn.GetStatValue(StatDefOf.GlobalLearningFactor, true) - 1f;  // << crashes here

// more stuff

}
}

Your reflection is wrong.  Or, rather, your call to the GetValue().  You aren't passing the object which contains the field, you are passing null (which is only valid for static member).

Take a look at CCLs source and it's detours, there is a fair bit of reflection in those for non-public members.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

SpaceDorf

Can I make a wish here for the CCL ?
As far as I remember the Minimap is from the CCL,
could you add an overlay for things drawn with the games Plan Tool ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

gendalf

suggestion for minimap:
- add ores colors
- make it save the selected buttons and layers of zones, etc, of the map itself

zlj

Quote from: 1000101 on August 18, 2016, 05:19:26 PM
Your reflection is wrong.  Or, rather, your call to the GetValue().  You aren't passing the object which contains the field, you are passing null (which is only valid for static member).

Take a look at CCLs source and it's detours, there is a fair bit of reflection in those for non-public members.

Thanks for the tip. Of course it doesn't work out of the box with that particular class/method construct, but i managed to work around it ;)

Quote from: gendalf on August 20, 2016, 07:01:44 AMsuggestion for minimap:
- add ores colors
- make it save the selected buttons and layers of zones, etc, of the map itself

We originally looked at adding a colour map for terrain and ores but the problem was not all the defs contained colour information.

Saving the state of areas and zones is a bit tricky because they don't have a fixed def, they are auto-generated at runtime so the "key" used to save them may not exist between one play session and another.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 19, 2016, 10:53:05 AMCan I make a wish here for the CCL ?
As far as I remember the Minimap is from the CCL,
could you add an overlay for things drawn with the games Plan Tool ?

The planning tool should be an easy enough overlay to add, thanks for the suggestion.  :)

Quote from: zlj on August 20, 2016, 02:45:50 PM
Quote from: 1000101 on August 18, 2016, 05:19:26 PMYour reflection is wrong.  Or, rather, your call to the GetValue().  You aren't passing the object which contains the field, you are passing null (which is only valid for static member).

Thanks for the tip. Of course it doesn't work out of the box with that particular class/method construct, but i managed to work around it ;)

Just make sure you are passing the correctly typed object to the GetValue() method of the FieldInfo for any given reflection.  You only pass a null object for static members.