[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brucethemoose

Quote from: skullywag on September 16, 2016, 09:33:02 AM
If people are really desperate we have a few guys who have forked CCL and are beavering away with differing levels of success, their versions may or may not work.....and to those people (if you are reading), just to say your efforts are not being ignored, I have seen them all, every PR.

You mean this?

https://github.com/RimWorldCCLTeam/CommunityCoreLibrary/network

I'm eagerly watching too  :)

EDIT: I just saw the Steam thread, sorry about that too :(

I wish more people were patient with modders choosing to make free content in their spare time...

Zhentar

Quote from: skullywag on September 09, 2016, 01:16:54 PM
checking EVERY detoured method in vanilla to see if anything has changed, even if these methods are obsfucated therefore having to reverse engineer them to see if any logic changed.....thats where the time goes. We havent bitten off more than we can chew, we are relying heavily this round on 1000101 as hes the only one who had any time (and also the one who can tear apart the obsfucated code the best) myself and fluffy are very busy with other things (im not gonna go into detail but for me ive been doing things that are way more important than modding Rimworld).

Also keep in mind that from A13 to A14 we had a month to prepare, this time we had less than 2 weeks. A14 to 15 was VERY quick. (seriously we hadnt even finished with A14 when 15 was out)

I don't know if the "access to Tynan" I keep hearing about obviates the need for this in the short term... but I stumbled across someone's code for decompiling Mono generated iterators. I merged it into a fork of the current ILSpy release and cleaned up a couple bugs. It almost perfectly decompiles all of the functions detoured by the CCL (just leaves in a couple compiler generated fields that are easily ignored). You can get it here: https://github.com/Zhentar/ILSpy/releases/tag/0.1

skullywag

OH MY GOD.

Zhentar that is an actual gamechanger, you have my eternal thanks, this changes EVERYTHING.

edit - Signature updated.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Dingo

Nobody has ever done that. Nobody has EVER done that in the history of RimWorld!

skullywag

Theoretically one could run the old assembly through this ILSPY take the output run a text diff against the new assembly to look for changes, we could then per detour decide if it needs anything changing, this could cut the work load required on CCL significantly and allow multiple people to handle the job and not get confused. Wonder if theres a way of automating this.....
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Galleg

Just want to thank everybody who is working in the upgrade to A15 (and all the previous ones), send you some positive feedback and hope for a soon release!

mrofa

Quote from: Zhentar on September 18, 2016, 01:25:20 AM
I don't know if the "access to Tynan" I keep hearing about obviates the need for this in the short term... but I stumbled across someone's code for decompiling Mono generated iterators. I merged it into a fork of the current ILSpy release and cleaned up a couple bugs. It almost perfectly decompiles all of the functions detoured by the CCL (just leaves in a couple compiler generated fields that are easily ignored). You can get it here: https://github.com/Zhentar/ILSpy/releases/tag/0.1

Thank you! Dat is amazing

All i do is clutter all around.

Orion

Quote from: skullywag on September 18, 2016, 06:21:54 AM
Theoretically one could run the old assembly through this ILSPY take the output run a text diff against the new assembly to look for changes, we could then per detour decide if it needs anything changing, this could cut the work load required on CCL significantly and allow multiple people to handle the job and not get confused. Wonder if theres a way of automating this.....
One could add to ILSPY functionality to diff classes / functions from multiple dlls. E.g. forward the decompile results of the pawn class from A14 and A15 to a diff tool. This would give maximum insight into changes.

Michigo

"A man is only as good as his tools."
― Emmert Wolf

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Zhentar on September 18, 2016, 01:25:20 AM
Thanks for that tool, Zhentar! :)

Mackinz

Does Zhentar's comment mean that CCL for Alpha 15 has much better odds of being developed now?

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Mackinz on September 19, 2016, 12:13:10 AM
Does Zhentar's comment mean that CCL for Alpha 15 has much better odds of being developed now?

Possibly, but if you are looking for a guarantee, you aren't going to get one.

Mackinz

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on September 19, 2016, 02:29:02 AM
Quote from: Mackinz on September 19, 2016, 12:13:10 AM

Possibly, but if you are looking for a guarantee, you aren't going to get one.
If I were looking for a guarantee, I wouldn't have asked about probability. That in itself assumes uncertainty.  ;)

Dingo

I think his tool fork makes it much more reliable in the future and also allows more people to participate as it streamlines upgrades.

As I understand it most of the development team hasn't been active on the project because of vacation/work/real life concerns. People will just have to be patient regarding CCL.