[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdalt40

Can't everybody just wait!? Skullywag and the others are trying their best to update it, now play Rimworld and stop wasting your life on a website by checking for. updates

Iceman8619

While I am just as excited as the next person for the release of the new CCL for A15, we all have to remember that patience is a virtue. Coding, even for games, is a time consuming process. Bug squashing is also a huge part of that process. I'd much rather wait for a version that is as bug free as possible than these guys putting out a version every 5 minutes for hotfixes because sufficient bug testing wasn't done.

Patience people. Patience is a virtue. We know the quality of work that the team does. Give them the time and space that they need to feel it is ready for release. Start up a new colony with mods that don't require CCL. A15 was a very good release in itself. Much that has been requested in the past has been added. Time crawls when the mind is idle.

Vincent

Quote from: averagedog on October 12, 2016, 01:13:21 PM
Community Core Library Addiction 80% Withdrawal

WARNING Mental Break: Negligible
Anonymous Person on the internet is currently playing Rimworld.

Joy------------------------->

-30 mood

Dingo

I'm pretty sure CCL is mostly limited by the rare vanilla bug E and some others have mentioned in terms of releasing for A15. My guess is it'll come really soon after A16 releases but I wouldn't bet on an A15 release.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Dingo on October 14, 2016, 08:10:48 AM
I'm pretty sure CCL is mostly limited by the rare vanilla bug E and some others have mentioned in terms of releasing for A15. My guess is it'll come really soon after A16 releases but I wouldn't bet on an A15 release.

You sure it'll be quick? Thought Tynan said in a recent blog post that A16 was going to have some somewhat deep changes to the code. My thinking would be that could possibly put them right back in the same boat they were in for A15 with needing to go through everything again possibly. Wish I knew what the hell I was doing to help, but I'm sure I'd be more hindrance.

Dingo

I think so. A) You have Zhentar's fork of ILSpy making it way easier to view the game's code (so less guesswork) and B) They already said they're getting some help directly from Ludeon.

Sancho Jimenez

Quote from: Dingo on October 15, 2016, 12:04:06 AM
I think so. A) You have Zhentar's fork of ILSpy making it way easier to view the game's code (so less guesswork) and B) They already said they're getting some help directly from Ludeon.
If that's true then my respect for Ludeon just quintupled.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Dingo on October 15, 2016, 12:04:06 AM

Knew about Zhentar's ILSpy contribution, but not the Ludeon help. That does sound very helpful!

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Dingo

I recall you saying on Steam that you managed to get a channel open between CCL and Ludeon. Is that no longer on the table?

skullywag

Well we have a subforum where we were to post possible improvements to the games codebase, this has not really been used, is not the way I wanted it to work and therefore I personally am not using it, it really doesnt offer the modders anything at this point and everyones to busy to contribute anything worthwhile anyway. There are currently 5 things in that forum the earliest posted on september 2nd but all of it is suggestion with no substance it might as well be in the suggestion forum. So yeah not the way of handling this that I wanted and im not surprised weve had nothing from ludeon in there.

Adventurer

Skullywag, I've seen you lament changes Tynan has made on several occasions that have made CCL a much more difficult product to put together. Why on earth would you not be using a subforum he set up for you specifically to deal with those issues??

skullywag

Cuz i suggested a better way of supplying these code changes one that ludeon could pick and choose what they use and would only benefit them, with the individual issues being tracked and signed off when done following a proper development model. They (Ludeon) now have to wade through another suggestion subforum which as ive said they arent gonna do....i was overruled by my some of my peers on how this would work. I could subvert the subforum and do what i wanted there but doing so wouldnt be sporting and as i said the chance has been wasted imo, it needed to be right from the getgo.

Also Tynan didnt set this up I asked for a subforum he said no. Ramsis asked him and he said yes and then the modders decided its use case.

In regards to my lamenting code changes by ludeon thats wrong. I lament the results of some of those changes as do others but i adapt as always. This is about openess of code and non hardcoding of things that stop us modifying a class etc. Or adding systems that would allow areas to be more easily modded. Threading, the hashing system etc (the bigger effects to modding) are needed and I have no issue with them.

October 17, 2016 - Status Update

I have finally completed all the code refactors!  The "big bug" doesn't seem to occur for everyone and it could just be me that is getting it with CCL (skullywag and others can't reproduce it).  This means that it's only small bugs to squash and docs to update.  Once those are done then we'll have a release!

For those who haven't been keeping score, this is how this alpha release has broken down and why it's taking CCL longer that usual to update:

None of the dev team have had much time, none before A15 hit and little after.  We had some major refactoring to do of the detours and injectors (technical stuff, modders know what I'm talking about) which makes it's a metric shit-tonne easier to deal with detours and injectors by unifying how they are handled in the library itself.

Anyway, I expect (but don't promise) to have the release ready by Halloween (October 31st for those not in North America).
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.