Lazy ass colonists

Started by CrazyChris, October 20, 2015, 12:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyChris

There is no shortage of work to be done at my place yet every single colonist I have waste their day either praying, meditating or visiting graves. Very little work gets done to a point where I'm starting to get low on food. Is there any way to offset this?

Shoggoth

There are diminishing returns on joy activities. If you do not have enough variety of joy activities, they will end up spending all their time trying to fill their joy meter by doing activities that no longer fill the meter very fast at all. If you want to force them to work in spite of their joy deprivation, open the 'restrictions' tab and assign them to 'work' for certain hours. During those hours they will work regardless of their need for entertainment.

SlimeCrusher

You can also build more joy sources. Horseshoes pins are great starters. Then, once you have more resources, you can build chess tables (Those tables no one ever seems to use, seriously, i've never seen a colonist play chess) and pool tables. They're a great way to fill up the joy meter quickly, since praying, cloudwatching and such take a long time to do so.

CrazyChris

And that did the trick, 1 pool table and the production on the colony probably doubled already.

Loki88

Quote from: SlimeCrusher on October 20, 2015, 12:31:39 PM
You can also build more joy sources. Horseshoes pins are great starters. Then, once you have more resources, you can build chess tables (Those tables no one ever seems to use, seriously, i've never seen a colonist play chess) and pool tables. They're a great way to fill up the joy meter quickly, since praying, cloudwatching and such take a long time to do so.

I have one colonist that plays chess... by himself...

TLHeart

the chess table is cerebral joy, and is used by the colonist who have a passion for research.

MisterVertigo

Quote from: TLHeart on October 20, 2015, 03:01:07 PM
the chess table is cerebral joy, and is used by the colonist who have a passion for research.
Huh, I didn't realize that. That is actually pretty cool. Are there other joy items that are specific to certain colonists' stats?
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

TLHeart

The defined joys in vanilla are, work, jobs they have a passion for provide joy.

Meditative; praying, meditating... any colonist.

Lewd; not implemented

social; all colonist that have social skill

chemical; all colonist except teetotaler. Larger joy boost for chemical interest.

Gluttonous; eating quality foods, all colonist

gaming dexterity; shooting and melee skills prefer

Gaming cerebral; research.

Passive; all going for walks, stargazing.

Study; have not found it defined.

cultist

TLHeart

yes lewd is in the code, and there is at least one mod that takes advantage of it.

SlimeCrusher

There was a joy activity that used "lewd", it was "Having private time". It got removed from the game though.

Thane

Noticed it back in A11. Pawns would face away and look like they were praying. But you check and nope Lewd Joy going up.
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.