[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shad

Quote from: WinterFlare on March 10, 2016, 01:15:31 PM
That's what happens when your weapons are too good, and their armor is shit. Nothing to block the blow means whatever you hit takes full damage, and as far as I'm aware power arms are pretty powerful.

This is why whenever I want to capture prisoners (for one reason or another) I use a PDW (because it does a bunch of low damage hits that won't individually destroy limbs). Likewise, when I have a berserk colonist I use something of a medium damage (or if I could get federation weapons I'd use those) because if you try to knock down your own colonist with fists, it will take too long / have too many injuries (plus eye damage), and if you use something too strong they'll lose arms / legs / ect.
But once the character is downed, it really should only take one hit to the head (or a couple to the torso) to kill him. But no, instead, my guy always goes after every limbs first. I have started using him as a "chief torturer", to punish enemies (then replace their crushed limbs with peg legs and hook hands and setting them free).

For berserk colonists, Force Field net is your friend.

RoboticManiac

Not relevant at all, but my semi disabled pet iguana just drank itself to death by ingesting to much wine. Just barely saved my Labrador, caught him in the middle of a drinking session.

Kadrush

The idea of an Alcoholic Iguana is actually quite funny...

Shad

Quote from: Kadrush on March 10, 2016, 05:44:23 PM
The idea of an Alcoholic Iguana is actually quite funny...
Alcoholic colonists are a problem as they go binging without even being unhappy. They my more sensitive colonists dislike the piles of vomit everywhere and then they go on binges!

Dopper

Chaotic Skies

So...I did everything the install guide said, and the shortcut didn't work. So I did what the guide said in that situation, and instead I got vanilla rimworld. Is there any way I could get the mod order so I can fix this?
Farewell and Thanks for the Fish.

SURU

Quote from: Chaotic Skies on March 14, 2016, 11:36:01 AM
So...I did everything the install guide said, and the shortcut didn't work. So I did what the guide said in that situation, and instead I got vanilla rimworld. Is there any way I could get the mod order so I can fix this?

Yes, just make shortcut manually from Rimworld.exe, right click on it, and add parameters which are in the shortcut which doesn't work (right click -> Edit), it's something like "C:/directoryofrimworld/Rimworld.exe" -savedatafolder SaveData. This is not exactly correct path and attributes, just i remeber it like this. Look into it better than this. If still have problems, e-mail me: [email protected]
CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!

Sukha

Why does my Xerigium keep dying while growing all the time? No matter the type of soil/lighting conditions, it just keeps randomly dying.
No toxic fallout, clear weather, growing season.. wtf is happening.

Shad

I have no problems with Xerigium. Do you definitely have the temperature and lighting requirements? Is the growth displayed as 100% or more? No herbiroves with access to the area?

If all the game conditions appear fulfilled, is this definitely a clean install with no other mods? The base value in the mod pack is a lifespan of 30 days and growing time of 10 days.

Sukha

Quote from: Shad on March 14, 2016, 03:38:54 PM
I have no problems with Xerigium. Do you definitely have the temperature and lighting requirements? Is the growth displayed as 100% or more? No herbiroves with access to the area?

If all the game conditions appear fulfilled, is this definitely a clean install with no other mods? The base value in the mod pack is a lifespan of 30 days and growing time of 10 days.

100% 110% on fertilized soil. Animals are not eating the plants, they just dissapear 1 by 1. Clean install no extra mods. This didn't happen in the beginning as I remember I did get like 100 Xerigium stockpiled, but at some point I noticed I wasn't getting any.
There was toxic fallout long time ago. I have Xerigium inside under the lights and outside, both say 100%+ growth and yet they just keep dying off, my colonists keep replanting them.

EDIT: seem to have found out the issue. Xerigium is super sensitive to temperature. Had like 26 degrees in a room, they were dying off.
Other plants don't mind 30 even 40 degrees.

Shad

Separately I have found a loophole with current prosthetics: clavicle.

Cannot grow, cannot harvest, cannot replace. Bionic arms do not include the clavicle.
Any suggestions?

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Shad on March 14, 2016, 04:31:17 PM
Separately I have found a loophole with current prosthetics: clavicle.

Cannot grow, cannot harvest, cannot replace. Bionic arms do not include the clavicle.
Any suggestions?

Easiest option? Replace the colonist with a Synth; They'd never know the difference. On a more serious note, see if an exoskeleton suit fixes it? If not it might be best to just get a bionic arm to counteract the efficiency debuff from injury.

Shad

QuoteIf not it might be best to just get a bionic arm to counteract the efficiency debuff from injury.
Pessimist prostophobe

upd. having checked, exoskeleton also does not replace clavicle.

Sukha

Why are Rimsenal Federator/Arranger so weak while Centipede is so absolutely insane?

Delekhan

Is this modpack going to be updated anymore? For example, with the latest version of Hospitality which is a big improvement.