Stockpile Priorities?

Started by magicbush, November 09, 2015, 11:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicbush

So I have a decent colony going at the moment, but I am getting frustrated with how stockpiles are working. As my smith's make weapons and tailors make clothes they keep taking them to my trade stockpile instead of my armory I made. I have the armory stockpile set at Critical now(which I have slowly increased it as I noticed this, and technically if it's set even one notch above the trade stockpile should they not take it to the armory?) and my trade beacon stockpile set at low(which I slowly decreased over the last few hours). I set the HP at 50% and quality to anything at the armory, though they randomly took 3 apparel items to my armory and that is it at this point and there are some between the slider-bars on HP and quality being taken to my trade-post stockpile. My colonists always just take the items created to my trade beacon stockpile no matter what they create besides every now and then? Is there not logic to this or what is going on here that I am missing?

Thanks for any help! Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong(this is how I set it up in DF anytime I played and it worked fine).

zandadoum

for maximum crafting efficiency:

- have a crafting room with all the tables and toolboxes
- next to each table, make a small 1x3 (or whatever) stockpile for the raw materials, set to critical
- each job, set to "drop on floor"

so, the crafter won't have to move around, will craft much faster and the haulers will take care of everything else (you can have a few dedicated haulers just for crafting room with the zoning tool)

this works for the kitchen too, just take into account that food on the floor for too long, will spoil.