releasing questions

Started by jzero, November 14, 2015, 03:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jzero

say that there is a tribe that is actively hostile to me (AKA i cant even contact them) if they raid me and i capture one then proceed to release them will the tribes will increase? I wanted to know this to see if I could end the tribal raids that way.
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

SlimeCrusher

Yes, it will.
If you release an enemy, the faction relationship with your colony will increase. The only exception is pirates, you can't befriend them.

Limdood

you get +15 faction goodwill per outlander, spacer (not implemented), and tribal prisoner released.  They need to make it to the edge of the map alive to get the bonus.

Its a good way to get a benefit out of the prisoners that get a torso infection that you don't think you'll be able to cure...release them before they're halfway thru major infection and they should make it.

Shurp

So if I take a prisoner, and discover he has a recruit difficulty of 99, instead of killing him or selling him into slavery I can do something useful by releasing him?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

TLHeart

Quote from: Shurp on November 15, 2015, 12:18:26 AM
So if I take a prisoner, and discover he has a recruit difficulty of 99, instead of killing him or selling him into slavery I can do something useful by releasing him?

As long as he is NOT a from a Pirate faction... they are always hostile.

Toggle

Quote from: TLHeart on November 15, 2015, 01:25:11 AM
Quote from: Shurp on November 15, 2015, 12:18:26 AM

As long as he is NOT a from a Pirate faction... they are always hostile.

Yeah. Any faction that is hostile or hidden, it's pointless to release them unless you can't afford keeping them and don't want debuffs for killing them. So only release if you want goodwill for factions without hostile that you can see on your board. It's a good way to get out of the negatives for them, if you captured a ton after a big raid.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

milon

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on November 17, 2015, 08:34:54 PM

Yeah. Any faction that is hostile or hidden, it's pointless to release them unless you can't afford keeping them and don't want debuffs for killing them. So only release if you want goodwill for factions without hostile that you can see on your board. It's a good way to get out of the negatives for them, if you captured a ton after a big raid.

You can release them, but everything is a resource in this game.  Stick them in a 1x2 prisoner sleeping spot, and replace the door with a wall.  Wait.  Strip the corpse.  Or, you know, just untick 'prisoner gets food'.  ;)

TLHeart

yep no debuff if the prisoner starves or freezes or bakes to death