[A12] Weapon Effects[v1.2.0]

Started by SlimeCrusher, November 14, 2015, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austupaio

Quote from: Alistaire on November 21, 2015, 11:20:26 AM
Shell casings shouldn't eject from either the stock of a machine gun or the barrel of an assault rifle~~-

The problem with spawning in motes on the projectiles themselves is that CR for example modifies bullet speeds so the casings would drop
quite some ways away from the gun on assault rifles for example.
Uh... obviously in Rimworld's future, all of the guns have FS2000 ejection. Totally.

Since I'm posting though, just want to say that if all the kinks can be worked out, I do like the concept of this mod and would totally use it (and endeavor to make my own mod compatible once I've completed updating it.)

sanya02

Lolencolony09

Uhh.. it says the download is malisious, should I install it?  :-\

SlimeCrusher

Quote from: Lolencolony09 on November 21, 2015, 11:54:30 PM
Uhh.. it says the download is malisious, should I install it?  :-\
It's just your antivirus thinking it's malware for no reason when it actually isn't. It's common for that to happen, just download it, it'll be fine ;)
Probably will change to Dropbox later, as Mediafire seems to have quite a few ads on it's download page (wich i haven't realised since i use adblock).

devilyn

Can you make it compatible with Combat Realism?

SlimeCrusher

Quote from: devilyn on November 23, 2015, 01:23:49 PM
Can you make it compatible with Combat Realism?
I'm trying  ;) . I've been having some problems with converting the casing drops into comps (mainly because i lack skill to develop my own code from scratch), so that is slowing development down.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

sanya02

Hi! There's a thought! You can make to the liner did not disappear, and removed the settlers, there is a zone where the cleaning !! ??)) I would be very grateful for this work))

SlimeCrusher

Quote from: sanya02 on November 26, 2015, 10:53:24 AM
Hi! There's a thought! You can make to the liner did not disappear, and removed the settlers, there is a zone where the cleaning !! ??)) I would be very grateful for this work))
Umm... Sorry but i couldn't make out what you typed. Could you please rephrase that?

sanya02

Hi! You can do that the sleeves did not disappear, and the settlers removed when cleaning the area!?!

SlimeCrusher

Quote from: sanya02 on November 26, 2015, 06:54:51 PMHi! You can do that the sleeves did not disappear, and the settlers removed when cleaning the area!?!
Oh i get it now damn you google translate!. With my current code this is impossible, and would also require a lot of tinkering to get working. Maybe overwriting cleaning code, wich is not ideal. It would also create tons of lag, especially with mechanoids with miniguns, since you'll have to render all the casings on the floor until a colonist cleans them up.

sanya02

SlimeCrusher

Updated!
Now with mortar trails (wich work correctly now), molotov fire and charge weapons sparks! (for full changelog reffer to OP's changelog)
No CR compatibility yet, sorry. But i plan on making this compatible with Rimfire and similar weapon mods shortly, so stay tuned!  ;D
Edit: Change of plans, cancelling everything, bye :)

skyarkhangel

Quote from: SlimeCrusher on November 27, 2015, 10:52:07 PM
Updated!
Now with mortar trails (wich work correctly now), molotov fire and charge weapons sparks! (for full changelog reffer to OP's changelog)
No CR compatibility yet, sorry. But i plan on making this compatible with Rimfire and similar weapon mods shortly, so stay tuned!  ;D

I made compatible with CR, based on CR 1.4
Sources uploaded in PM.

Also, with this angle and range, much better:

moteThrown.SetVelocityAngleSpeed((float)Rand.Range(160, 200), Rand.Range(0.020f, 0.0115f));

LustrousWolf

Any news on when this mod will be compatible with combat realism? :D