[1.2] High Caliber (21.08.2020) updated to R1.2 with 3 new guns!

Started by eatKenny, November 15, 2015, 11:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

License:
Creative Commons License Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0

General:

This mod adds several well balanced vanilla-like weapons. If you would like to add a specific weapon/firearm just leave a comment and i will consider the suggestion ;)

list of added firearms:

- PM
- Jericho 941
- SIG Sauer P320 (NEW)
- Walther P99
- Glock 30
- FN Five-seven
- Heckler Koch Mark 23
- Desert Eagle
- Smith Wesson Model 500

- Saiga-12K

- PPSh-41
- PP-91 Kedr
- Uzi
- FN P90TR
- Heckler Koch MP5A3
- Heckler Koch UMP45

- AK-104
- Heckler Koch G11
- FAMAS G2
- SIG SG553
- Steyr AUG A3
- Heckler Koch G36
- AKS-74U
- AK-47

- Steyr Scout (NEW)
- Heckler Koch G3
- FN SCAR-H
- MK14 EBR

- Walther WA 2000
- Accuracy International AWM
- Barrett M82
- Dragunov SVU

- FN Minimi (NEW)
- Heckler Koch MG4
- RPK

- Heckler Koch XM25 CDTE

High Caliber "Realism":

There is a "Realism" extension in the ZIP-file, this extension rebalances all firearms, including firearms and turrets in vanilla game based on their real life performance. If you want to enable this extension please activate it after the main mod "High Caliber".

This extension does NOT overhaul the basic combat system of vanilla game, it only adjust attributes of the firearms. There shouldn't be any compatibility issues with other mods, however if you're using other weapon mods you may notice some balance differences.

key notes:
- In general the firearms are more lethal than vanilla game.
- Effective range, bullet speed and penetration value are more realistic, e.g. the penetration of rifle rounds is now much more than pistol rounds.
- The charged weapons now deals "plasma burn" damage instead of "bullet" damage, cause more pain when hit, armor value against "heat" will effect the penetration.

Weapon Sheet:

See below the sheets for the firearms, "HC RL" is for the "Realism" extension.
HC weapon sheet

DOWNLOAD R1.2:

Mediafire

change log (R1.2 / 21.08.2020):
- update to R1.2
- adds SIG Sauer P320
- adds Steyr Scout
- adds FN Minimi

change log (R1.1c / 07.06.2020):
- balance update for "Realism" extension

change log (R1.1c / 24.05.2020):
- adds Uzi
- adds Heckler Koch G11
- adds Heckler Koch G3
- adds Walther WA 2000
- adds RPK
- Heckler Koch Mark23 now uses .45ACP +P cartridge like in real life, it's more powerful than normal .45 ACP rounds
- renames the Defs for better further development (new start may needed)
- art removed
- firearms now can be biocoded
- you can now get steel when you melt unwanted firearms
- further balancing

If you like this mod please support me, it will make me motivated ;)

eatKenny

updated to v0.91,

adds a new gun "Desert eagle", more improvments and balances, feedbacks are welcome!

NoImageAvailable

Why is the sound mod bundled with a gun mod? Seems like some rather bad feature creep.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

eatKenny

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 16, 2015, 04:35:25 PM
Why is the sound mod bundled with a gun mod? Seems like some rather bad feature creep.

i firstly only want to made a sound mod but then i found there are lots of good sound effects for ak47, desert eagle and mp5.
those guns are really popular guns and i didnt find them in any up-to-date mods so...

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: eatKenny on November 16, 2015, 04:44:55 PM

i firstly only want to made a sound mod but then i found there are lots of good sound effects for ak47, desert eagle and mp5.
those guns are really popular guns and i didnt find them in any up-to-date mods so...

Still seems like the kind of thing that would be better of as a separate download. Some people might want to stick to just vanilla guns or other gun mods, so it would be good if they could download just the changes to the vanilla sounds.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

eatKenny

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 16, 2015, 04:48:35 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on November 16, 2015, 04:44:55 PM

Still seems like the kind of thing that would be better of as a separate download. Some people might want to stick to just vanilla guns or other gun mods, so it would be good if they could download just the changes to the vanilla sounds.

that makes sense. i will seprate it in next update.

LustrousWolf

eatKenny

Quote from: LustrousWolf on November 17, 2015, 03:02:29 PM
Will there be a version compatible with Combat Realism? :o

i havent try it myself but as i said this mod only overhauls SoundDefs so it shounldn't be a problem. and i will develope this mod mainly around Combat Realism in the future.

LustrousWolf

Quote from: eatKenny on November 17, 2015, 03:37:32 PM
Quote from: LustrousWolf on November 17, 2015, 03:02:29 PM
Will there be a version compatible with Combat Realism? :o

i havent try it myself but as i said this mod only overhauls SoundDefs so it shounldn't be a problem. and i will develope this mod mainly around Combat Realism in the future.

Cool! Can't wait to use this mod until then!!

eatKenny

upated to V0.93

adds 2 new guns, more tweaks and balances, and started working on mortar sound(for now the new mortar incoming sound)

SlimeCrusher

Looks like i'll have to cancel my new mortar incoming sound effect then.
Looks great so far!  ;D

eatKenny

Quote from: SlimeCrusher on November 22, 2015, 02:32:13 PM
Looks like i'll have to cancel my new mortar incoming sound effect then.
Looks great so far!  ;D

yes i'm trying to do all combat related sounds ;D

Komyets

I think I'll have to delete some files manually, I actually only want the sounds, not the new guns XD

eatKenny

Quote from: Komyets on November 23, 2015, 04:43:58 PM
I think I'll have to delete some files manually, I actually only want the sounds, not the new guns XD

for the final release (v1.0) i will seprate the new guns.

Iwillbenicetou

Maybe add the M4? (CS:GO :D)
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!