Do you know of any FREE writing programs???

Started by Korben Dallas, November 15, 2015, 07:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korben Dallas

Are there any writing programs that you know of that you would recommend? I used to write short stories and really enjoyed doing it; although that
was back in the day and with pen and paper. Does anyone write out there, and have a program you would recommend? Free or not I'm curious.

Avis

Writing as in with your hand?
Or writing with a keyboard?
Open office and google docs are quite good if you need a word processor, with google docs being completely online.
If you're looking for a program where you can hand write things, Windows Journal seems to be for that.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

A Friend

Idk, I use microsoft word and paste things on forums.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

milon

If you're looking for a word processor application, then AbiWord, and OpenOffice, and LibreOffice are all pretty decent.

Coenmcj

Quote from: A Friend on November 15, 2015, 10:02:56 PM
Idk, I use microsoft word and paste things on forums.
Note the word, 'Free' In the title friend, not all of us get office/school computers. :)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Korben Dallas

Quote from: Avsnoopy on November 15, 2015, 08:54:47 PM
Writing as in with your hand?
Or writing with a keyboard?
Open office and google docs are quite good if you need a word processor, with google docs being completely online.
If you're looking for a program where you can hand write things, Windows Journal seems to be for that.

Yes writing on a keyboard, thanks for the replys everyone. I'm mostly concerned about free and wellknown programs that people use for writing.