[A14] Colony Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), November 18, 2015, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

Unless I've had a severe and long-term blackout, my mod doesn't (allow you to) specify colonists. I work within the boundaries of vanilla jobs, and all you can do there is set a minimum skill level. Granted, I've added a toggle to set minimum skill to the highest available skill, but that's still somewhat short of actually setting a specific colonist - and crucially, can be done without modifying the underlying Job code.

I suspect you may be confused with the mod that does allow setting specific colonists (i forgot the name). However, if I remember correctly, even that doesn't change the jobs themselves (it does change the worktable class, adding another variable (the selected pawn) and checks if a pawn looking for work is allowed to work there).

Just to reiterate; My mod does not alter job code, or even bill code. What it does do is dynamically add/remove bills to workstations. After that, the normal RW mechanisms for looking for and working on jobs kick in. It's the same as you manually adding bills to workstations, but it can do it much quicker than any human (that I know of) could ever do.

Grogfeld

For overproduction i recommend to set stockpile, set to accept nothing, around workstation. Then everything that will be dropped from the task (if you set to "drop on ground") will be counted by the vanilla stockpile tracker. Then haulers will take it to proper stockpile. 

Fafn1r

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on April 01, 2016, 06:30:14 AMI've added a toggle to set minimum skill to the highest available skill

Huh, I didn't think of that. ::) Simple.

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on April 01, 2016, 06:30:14 AMMy mod does not alter job code, or even bill code. What it does do is dynamically add/remove bills to workstations.

I get it. Yet I still don't understand how the bug is caused by vanilla issue. In the vanilla it is the player who adds bills by clicking buttons. One click never adds more than one bill. The Manager also adds bills, but does it automatically, not when there is an input from a button, but during a running script. Logically, the problem appears somewhere in the script.

Is that correct? Perhaps you know something I don't and this is why I don't understand.

Fluffy (l2032)

In theory, yeah. There's a few caveats though;

First, what you do when you click is call a method in the code that adds the bill you're currently looking at. What my mod does is use that same method, with the bill you set up, and a calculated repeat count. From that moment forth, they're handled exactly the same by the game.

Second, it's not the bills themselves that give the errors, the jobs that get generated have the errors. To elaborate, when a pawn is looking for work, it'll basically 'ask' the game what it can do, in order of priority. So generally, if the pawn is a doctor, it'll ask the game if there's any doctoring to be done, then firefighting, construction, crafting, and finally cleaning/hauling. Each of those work categories have one or more workgivers attached. A workgiver is the piece of code that handles a specific task of workstation, and basically takes the pawn's information, the game state, and then tells the pawn "Yeah, I have a job for you doing X at workstation Y.". The pawn then proceeds to do that job. This mod does not alter* the worktypes, workgivers, or job code - so I find it unlikely that a sporadic error in jobs (that also occurs in vanilla!) can be caused by my mod.

*: I do add a worktype, workgiver and job for the job of managing itself. However I've never seen that job fail.

TechnologicApe

I can't seem to get the Power tab to show me anything. I've got the research done and a powered Manager station. Am I missing something?

Tivec

I read in the changelog that you added a "clear area option" - I can't seem to find this anywhere. Some pointers? :)

Edit: I'm dumb, it was right under my nose there in the logging tab.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: TechnologicApe on April 02, 2016, 12:49:23 PM
I can't seem to get the Power tab to show me anything. I've got the research done and a powered Manager station. Am I missing something?
From your description, I'm a bit confused. Do you see an empty power tab, or do you not get the power button at all?
If you see an empty tab, please send me your output_log.txt file, so I can see if there's any errors going on.

If you don't see the button at all, are you sure you have actually completed the 'power management' (or similar name - can't recall right now :P) one? If you're sure you did everything correctly, please also send me the output_log.txt.

Thanks!

anonymous456

Absolutely great mod, I really this whole thing where the UI improves as you progress through the game. One thing though: Is it possible to raise the maximum limit for hunting jobs above 2000 meat? It's much, but occasionally I get greedy with it and want to enter some custom number.

Fluffy (l2032)

Glad you like it! :D

As for the threshold, can't check at the moment, but I recall having made the detailed threshold view available for hunting and logging jobs. You should  be able to click on the threshold label to get the popup where you can select specific thingdefs. On that popup there's also an input field where you can type in a custom number.

For A13, once CCL has been brought up to date, I intend to make a few of these things available via global options (e.g. use sliders or input fields, etc.).

TechnologicApe

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on April 04, 2016, 03:30:37 AM
Quote from: TechnologicApe on April 02, 2016, 12:49:23 PM
From your description, I'm a bit confused. Do you see an empty power tab, or do you not get the power button at all?
If you see an empty tab, please send me your output_log.txt file, so I can see if there's any errors going on.

If you don't see the button at all, are you sure you have actually completed the 'power management' (or similar name - can't recall right now :P) one? If you're sure you did everything correctly, please also send me the output_log.txt.

Thanks!
Yes, I finished the Research. I'm seeing the power tab, and all the windows where all the stats should be, but it never fills the stats out. Every Day Cycle I check it to see if it has worked but it hasn't. There's no stats, but where the stats go is still there.

Fluffy (l2032)

Do you get see any errors when you open the console?
Does it appear after reloading?
What mods/modpack do you use?
Please send me the output_log.txt

TechnologicApe

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on April 04, 2016, 10:01:28 AM
Do you get see any errors when you open the console?
Does it appear after reloading?
What mods/modpack do you use?
Please send me the output_log.txt

I've since lost the save. I'm going to play to that point again and see if it happens again.

Fluffy (l2032)

See here on how to report bugs and where to find that all-important output_log.txt, but hopefully the bug won't occur again :)

TechnologicApe

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on April 04, 2016, 10:25:43 AM
See here on how to report bugs and where to find that all-important output_log.txt, but hopefully the bug won't occur again :)

I hope not. But it would be of help to you. Keep up the great work!

Iwillbenicetou

Man, this was a really well made mod! I really like the .gif photos! Gets my seal of approval!
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!