How can we survive this...

Started by StorymasterQ, January 21, 2014, 08:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StorymasterQ

Had a working colony of seven, plenty of food but rather mineral poor. But everything changed when the raiders attacked.

We were at a disadvantage of two to one, and one of our numbers couldn't even fight, but we had a couple of turrets and had peppered the land with charges. The M-16 and M-24 rifles were helpful as well.

The battle was fierce. The raiders moved as if they knew where the charges were, defeating their purpose. They have comparable weaponry but better abilities. At least, better than us. We had to retreat a few times as we lost the turrets. We had to make sacrifices, arming a blasting charge near an incapacitated ally, sacrificing one to kill three. Yet we were still pushed back into the colony proper.

We continued to fight, but having lost two to death and three incapacitated, the only ones left kicking was I, a mere settler, and my con artist friend, who couldn't even throw a grenade to save his life. We've just hauled our incapacitated friends after our latest retreat when we heard the blast. The raiders have breached the perimeter. I ordered him to hunker down in one of the rooms as I ran out.

I ran towards the exit of our rocky base. I stopped with a skid at the final corner and peered over. Two raiders have just entered. I opened fire.

They must have thought that we were all down. All of my shots hit one of them, and he fell down. I raised my rifle towards the other one. It was then that I heard the horn. It was a retreat order. But the other raider, either didn't hear it or chose to ignore it, continued towards me. So I let out another round of shots.

And that was that.

My friend and I scoured the battlefield, collecting some weapons and rebuilding the turrets. Two of the raiders were not dead, including the one that I shot last. She couldn't have been old enough to drink. Pity.

So we were left with three incapacitated colonists, two injured prisoners, a settler, and a con artist. Neither of us can doctor or warden. Only time could tell if we can survive.

On a weird note, we were back to seven people.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Bodog999

How strage this happend to me also I had a fight and all the raiders came trough the only entrance to our base and all 6-8 were shooting at them and they killed a lot of the raiders but also shots missed and they hit our own guys so only 1 assasin survived and as you know he could warden or doctor so I had to load a quicksave

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Bodog999 on January 27, 2014, 11:42:02 AM
How strage this happend to me also I had a fight and all the raiders came trough the only entrance to our base and all 6-8 were shooting at them and they killed a lot of the raiders but also shots missed and they hit our own guys so only 1 assasin survived and as you know he could warden or doctor so I had to load a quicksave

Eh not that strange.
Death is a part of this game.
You will die many more times.

BTW op
the storytellers usually show mercy once you get to that point and will send by a trade ship (if you have money or slaves) or give you a colonist out of spite (the traveler will instantly join you when he enters the map)
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Ender

Quote from: Untrustedlife on January 27, 2014, 11:01:12 PM
Quote from: Bodog999 on January 27, 2014, 11:42:02 AM
heh heh, keyword: "sometimes"

Eh not that strange.
Death is a part of this game.
You will die many more times.

BTW op
the storytellers usually show mercy once you get to that point and will send by a trade ship (if you have money or slaves) or give you a colonist out of spite (the traveler will instantly join you when he enters the map)
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....