Alpha Animals (aka Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by A Friend, December 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an early release? We can do that if wanted, but the animals won't have the special abilities (Like projectile attacks) that was planned for them.

Release it early, I'd like some variety now. This human leather chair that I sit on cannot hold my patience any longer.
6 (37.5%)
Heck no. Why wouldn't you want to see the Gallatross throw nuke rocks!? That's heresy!
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

Tammabanana

I love this art, these descriptions, all of it. Downloading mod, turning it on immediately; will report any issues I come across. Thank you all.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Nimrod

ignii

123nick

the raptor shrimp- is it based off of a certain creature from metro last light, the videogame? it looks specifically like something i saw in that game, not 100% sure what its called though.

A Friend

Yeah, they are based off those swamp shield monster thingies. Nice that someone noticed that. I was playing a lot of Metro Last Light and 2033 at the time.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

TOWC

Is there any notification when legendary creatures arrive? Like those with thrumbos.

skullywag

Not yet, that may possibly come (im guessing for the gallatross), the 1st release was to get it out and to fill some of the gaps (I need feedback).
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

res34

Would you mind if I asked you for help on how to code for a creature? I've created the skin textures, but have no clue on what to do next.

kaptain_kavern

You have to mirror Core organisation.
Look in /Core/Defs/ThingDefs_Races for all the files defining animals, to see how it's done.

After that for doing the mod, copy/paste the folder in your mod folder /YOURMOD/Defs/ThingDefs_Races and erase all xml files except Races_Animal_Base.xml (You always need to include abstract/base in your mods if you reuse them).

You know have an empty functional mod folder to add your animal def. The best and easiest way is to copy/paste code from Vanilla and tweak it to your desire.

Here is a link to a spreadsheet with Vanilla animals stats, I made some times ago : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13rgQecI_4Z6-olG9PCO-6uSVyC5cmXh6_Wp_v-Xt8FI/edit?usp=sharing

And another to a post with some links about starting/learn to mod : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26663.msg269810#msg269810

Draegon

Will Tetraslugs ever produce power when on power conduits somehow? Maybe they can be plugged into the lines via a machine?

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

A Friend

Megaspider 2.0

Next: Rework old wonky graphics. Namely B1 animals like the scorpion and shrimp.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

A Friend

Skully! I reworked the mod banner to be better looking, instead of having the blurry white snow everywhere.

looks are important!