Alpha Animals (aka Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by A Friend, December 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an early release? We can do that if wanted, but the animals won't have the special abilities (Like projectile attacks) that was planned for them.

Release it early, I'd like some variety now. This human leather chair that I sit on cannot hold my patience any longer.
6 (37.5%)
Heck no. Why wouldn't you want to see the Gallatross throw nuke rocks!? That's heresy!
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

AllenWL

.... I would give an arm, two legs, a lung, a kidney, and half a liver to have those in my colony right this instant.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Mr.Cross

Really looking forward to this. I shall lurk among this thread until it is idea/suggestions are needed or until skullywag graces us with this decked out mod.
Claims to know most things.

Wild Card

Same here, i`d also really like to see a crafting system based on the new beasts...anything from Snowlion Fangs spears to armor to everything :P
Would fit really nice with the rim world principle of making due with what you have...when life gives you lemmons you make lemonade.
When Rimworld gives you Aerofleet`s you male beautifull lamps out of their heads.

AllenWL

I don't really care about what I can make with their dead bodies.

I think it'll be more fun to have cute jelly pets and giant spike shooting, explosive-launching, barb-slinging war creatures.

Wild Card

Cute jelly pets that glow in the dark and illuminate their surroundings and give a morale boost and their boddies can be ground up into narcotic substances :D

AllenWL

A Friend

Quote from: Wild Card on April 09, 2016, 11:04:40 AM
Cute jelly pets that glow in the dark and illuminate their surroundings and give a morale boost and their boddies can be ground up into narcotic substances :D

That was the original plan. Sadly, making the jellyfish glow in the dark is impossible to do without it looking very awkward and off-putting due to code related things.

RIP What could have been
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

A Friend

Made some minor changes to the Feralisk's texture so I could continue onto the snow variant. Might also change the Raptor Shrimp as it was like the first texture I made and it needs major redoing.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

AllenWL

Awww, so cute!
I wonder, if a Feralisk fights the megascrab-spider, which would win?

Also, I think it would be cool if an aerofleet had a special attack that actually didn't do damage or cause pain, but lowered the 'body part efficiency' or whatever it's called.

So a aerofleet attack on someone's head won't actually cause damage, but it'll lower their consciousness, and a aerofleet attack on someone's leg will lower their movement, etc. Like stabbing someone with sedatives or something.

Wild Card

Could you make the aerofleet to be water based/dependant ?
I e to spawn in every biome and only on maps that have bodies of water . you could say it`s related to their movement as they absorb water and propell themselves using hidrogen in said water

A Friend

Quote from: AllenWL on April 11, 2016, 03:47:52 AM
Cool idea

That's a pretty cool idea for an attack. But I'd like to keep the Air jelly harmless though.
I'll reserve that for another creature.

Quote from: Wild Card on April 11, 2016, 06:15:07 AM
Could you make the aerofleet to be water based/dependant ?
I e to spawn in every biome and only on maps that have bodies of water . you could say it`s related to their movement as they absorb water and propell themselves using hidrogen in said water

I dunno if it's possible but I prefer not to restrict the animal too much to a very specific map condition. But that's a pretty nice way of explaining how it floats. I'll add it as a description.

Also, I made a rough size comparison of how I imagine the creatures would look like. Might be different to how it would appear ingame tho

http://i.imgur.com/xEn2EQ8.png
So yes "Giant" Spiders

Wild Card

As a suggestion, the big worm (4th from the left) looks very simmilar to the small worm (5th from the right, not counting the human). Are they related?
If not maybe add a diff color scheme for  1 of them, or an extra set of horns, or some freaky looking eyes or something

A Friend

Oh they're the "larger cousins" of the megascarab. I might make a raid event of sorts when I manage to make a bunch of them.