[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Vincent

I would love to have overhead mountain removal explosives as well. At the moment there isn't any mod that enable it (that I know of) and your mod would fit the theme.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Vincent on October 11, 2016, 03:18:49 AM
I would love to have overhead mountain removal explosives as well. At the moment there isn't any mod that enable it (that I know of) and your mod would fit the theme.

I hear ya, folks. It's planned and might make its way into the next update it all goes well.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Vincent

Hey ! Thank you for implementing it  :P

If you want ideas, I had another watching a movie. I guess it could be possible to make smoke bombs, the bomb explode and release a dense smokescreen, the smokescreen increase cover for everything that would be inside of it but eventually fade away.

cjayr369 | KagoMakoto

I'm having a problem on the chemical bomb and the remote detonator...
when I used the RD for the Chemical bomb it would crash after a few minute. I don't know wheres the problem is, it work for the other like the portable and the manual. but it just wouldn't work when I use RD... please help me

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: cjayr369 | KagoMakoto on October 15, 2016, 12:16:51 AM
when I used the RD for the Chemical bomb it would crash after a few minute. I don't know wheres the problem is, it work for the other like the portable and the manual. but it just wouldn't work when I use RD... please help me

Which chemical bomb seems to cause this- the sealing foam or the sleeping gas? Do any other explosives have this result when triggered by the RD? Also, the next time the game crashes, do send me your "Rimworld/RimWorldWin_Data/output_log.txt" file, I'll take a look.

cjayr369 | KagoMakoto

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 15, 2016, 12:51:13 AM
Quote from: cjayr369 | KagoMakoto on October 15, 2016, 12:16:51 AM

Which chemical bomb seems to cause this- the sealing foam or the sleeping gas? Do any other explosives have this result when triggered by the RD? Also, the next time the game crashes, do send me your "Rimworld/RimWorldWin_Data/output_log.txt" file, I'll take a look.

I think its the sleeping gas... when the smoke about to disappear, it would just suddenly crash. I already tried it with the MD and the PRD but it just wouldn't work with the RD. I don't know it its just incompatible with the GlitterTech mod or MISCs mods. But I'll try to send the output later.

cjayr369 | KagoMakoto

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: cjayr369 | KagoMakoto on October 15, 2016, 09:15:23 AM
Here is the output...

Sorry, but looks like RemoteEx is not to blame here. Here are some suspects:
QuoteKiller threw exception in WorkGiver DeliverFoodToPrisoner: System.NullReferenceException
  at RimWorld.WorkGiver_Warden_DeliverFood.FoodAvailableInRoomTo (Verse.Pawn prisoner)
Which is vanilla code, but could be triggered by a modded edible item.

Also this:
QuoteRWAutoSell.ASWorkGiver_PawnBargain provided target Thing_Human504425 but yielded no actual job for pawn Mie. The CanGiveJob and JobOnX methods may not be synchronized.
Which does not seem like a fatal error, but I'd report it to the AutoSell thread anyway.

Eventually,
QuoteDynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocation 33554459!
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
The game runs out of memory and crashes. This is hard to diagnose, since any of the mods could be leaking memory. But it also says here that the game has allocated just over 700Mb, which is well within reason.
If you don't have a lot of ram available, I'd upgrade, or play on a smaller map / with fewer mods.
Hope this helps.

cjayr369 | KagoMakoto

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 15, 2016, 03:43:48 PM
Here is the output...

Sorry, but looks like RemoteEx is not to blame here. Here are some suspects:
QuoteKiller threw exception in WorkGiver DeliverFoodToPrisoner: System.NullReferenceException
  at RimWorld.WorkGiver_Warden_DeliverFood.FoodAvailableInRoomTo (Verse.Pawn prisoner)
Which is vanilla code, but could be triggered by a modded edible item.

Also this:
QuoteRWAutoSell.ASWorkGiver_PawnBargain provided target Thing_Human504425 but yielded no actual job for pawn Mie. The CanGiveJob and JobOnX methods may not be synchronized.
Which does not seem like a fatal error, but I'd report it to the AutoSell thread anyway.

Eventually,
QuoteDynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocation 33554459!
The game runs out of memory and crashes. This is hard to diagnose, since any of the mods could be leaking memory. But it also says here that the game has allocated just over 700Mb, which is well within reason.
If you don't have a lot of ram available, I'd upgrade, or play on a smaller map / with fewer mods.
Hope this helps.
I, I see... I just thought that it was the cause cuz it never happens before.  :)
Can I also trouble you where can I learn how mod order works or which area on the forum I could ask about it.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: cjayr369 | KagoMakoto on October 15, 2016, 05:00:50 PM
I, I see... I just thought that it was the cause cuz it never happens before.  :)
Can I also trouble you where can I learn how mod order works or which area on the forum I could ask about it.

Mod order should only affect mods that modify the same thing in the game- so it usually does not matter what order they are loaded in. If there is a conflict, however, the mod loaded later gets higher priority.

lc-soz

Man, this mod is just awesome! I can't imagine playing rimworld without it anymore!

The only thing that, in my opinion could be improved is the Hardened foam wall. I think that should be a way, with a tool hard to make or simply deconstructing it, to destroy it quickly after used.

faltonico

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 15, 2016, 03:43:48 PM

Eventually,
Hope this helps.

I have a save game in which the game would crash in almost exactly the same time, every time i played it no matter what you did after you activate the charges. i placed 3 smoke bombs in a rather big room, like 12x15, after a while, several of the affected pawns died, and after that the game crashes.
What i did for that not to happen, was simply to reduce the size of the room.... i have no idea as to why, but reducing the size didn't kill the pawns and didn't crash the game, using the same 3 charges. I don't know if killing the pawns had to do with the crash though.

And i have 12 GB of RAM, is not about not having enough of it, is a limitation of the game for being 32 bit only IMO, i am playing with a lot of mods and i have a lot of stuff in my colony so far (lots and lots of cattle as well), so reaching that 4 GB limit doesn't seem so far fetched to me.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: faltonico on October 27, 2016, 09:46:33 PM
I have a save game in which the game would crash in almost exactly the same time, every time i played it no matter what you did after you activate the charges. i placed 3 smoke bombs in a rather big room, like 12x15, after a while, several of the affected pawns died, and after that the game crashes.
What i did for that not to happen, was simply to reduce the size of the room.... i have no idea as to why, but reducing the size didn't kill the pawns and didn't crash the game, using the same 3 charges. I don't know if killing the pawns had to do with the crash though.

And i have 12 GB of RAM, is not about not having enough of it, is a limitation of the game for being 32 bit only IMO, i am playing with a lot of mods and i have a lot of stuff in my colony so far (lots and lots of cattle as well), so reaching that 4 GB limit doesn't seem so far fetched to me.

I'd appreciate it if you could send me the save. Who knows, maybe there is something I can fix on my end.

Quote from: lc-soz on October 27, 2016, 05:55:46 PM
Man, this mod is just awesome! I can't imagine playing rimworld without it anymore!
The only thing that, in my opinion could be improved is the Hardened foam wall. I think that should be a way, with a tool hard to make or simply deconstructing it, to destroy it quickly after used.

Well, that stuff is meant to be tough. I could add the deconstruct option, but it won't be much quicker than mining it :)

Ildac