Help a student please!

Started by Calistyn, January 27, 2014, 12:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calistyn

Hey everyone!
I'm an Interior Design student, and for my capstone project I'm designing a gym that caters to the gamer/nerd crowd. I've got a survey that would help me get an idea of where to start that I'd appreciate people filling out. Please! It's down below, if you just want to quote and fill it out.

Thank you to anyone willing to help!

- Are you on a fitness regimen? Yes/No
If no:
   Why?
   What would motivate you to begin?
   Have you made attempts for improved fitness in the past?
   If yes, what made them not work for you?

If yes:
  What motivated you start?
  What keeps you motivated to continue?
  Do your family members or friends participate with you?
  Is group support helpful?

- Do you go to gyms? Yes/No
If yes:
   What do you look for in a gym? (I.E. equipment, classes, location, times, price, etc.)
   What equipment do you use, if any?
   Is there a specific program or fitness routine you follow?
   Is there anything about the gym you don’t like?
If no:
   Where do you workout?
   What equipment do you use, if any?
   What would make the gym a more attractive option?

- Are there any fitness/sport related activities you participate in outside the gym?

- Do you consider yourself a gamer?
If yes, what games do you play?
   What about these games appeals to you?
If no, are there any games you enjoy playing regularly?

- Is there any aspect of gaming/nerd culture that might inspire you to workout or improve your fitness?

palandus

- Are you on a fitness regimen? No
If no:
   Have you made attempts for improved fitness in the past? Yes
   If yes, what made them not work for you? Mostly mental health issues and lack of motivation.

- Do you go to gyms? No
If no:
   Where do you workout? I do highly strenuous work outs in a swimming pool. It allows you to work your muscles far more without hurting yourself. And avoids a lot of the humiliation resulting from visiting a gym.
   Is there a specific program or fitness routine you follow? Negatory
   What would make the gym a more attractive option? A gym being exclusive to nerds and geeks. One of the biggest reasons for me, and for others like me, we avoid gyms less because we don't want to be fit, but more the social stigma of being the weak guy there. We feel that people that go to gyms want to be heavily muscled (men mainly) or to workout (women mainly) and we don't like being compared to them. So having a gym where only nerds or geeks could attend would probably make it more appealing.

- Do you consider yourself a gamer? Odd term, but yes.
If yes, what games do you play? Mostly Action RPGs, RTSs and Deathmatch FPSs.
   What about these games appeals to you? The challenge of achieving victory, the challenge of overcoming failure, blood... lots and lots of blood (and guts... and gore), the challenge of beating something that most people can't (ie Demon/Dark Souls), and the challenge of using new ideas and strategies in order to win the game.

Hope some of this helps.

Darker

- Are you on a fitness regimen? - No
If no:
   Have you made attempts for improved fitness in the past? - Yes
   If yes:
     What made them not work for you?
      It actually takes a lot of time that can be used in doing something more interesting (programming, reading...)

- Do you go to gyms? -  No
If no:
   Where do you workout?
     I just stick to standard amount of workout after getting up and after returning from school. But I also love bicycling, so as soon as it's not too cold, I cycle everywhere when I have enough time.

Just the morning routine to wake me up.

If it was cheaper and closer to my home. Also, being here with friends is much more fun as you can motivate each other.

- Do you consider yourself a gamer? I enjoy programming much more, but yes, I've played a lot too.
If yes, what games do you play? Strategies. StarCraft, Transport Tycoon, League of Legends. Also, I'm big minecraft fan.
   What about these games appeals to you? Having an oportunity to estabilish a working system. League of legends is an exceptions, that I just use to relax my brain.

- Is there any aspect of gaming/nerd culture that might inspire you to workout or improve your fitness?
  Not at all.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

StorymasterQ

- Are you on a fitness regimen? - No
If no:
   Have you made attempts for improved fitness in the past? - Yes
   If yes:
     What made them not work for you?
      There isn't really any visible improvement. I'm more of an instant-gratification person.

- Do you go to gyms? -  No
If no:
   Where do you workout?
     I don't (shrug)

Nope.

Something that can make it easier to focus the training. Also, something that's quickly visible.

- Do you consider yourself a gamer?  - Yes
If yes, what games do you play?
   Mostly RPGs
   Visible progression of the character's abilities by way of levels and experience points.

Now that I think about it, experience points. If a gym would enable me to track my exercise and training as experience and levels, maybe I'd be more motivated.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here