Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• August 11, 2022, 12:56:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 400

Author Topic: Your Cheapest Ideas  (Read 1293148 times)

kivey

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: Your Cheapest Ideas
« Reply #1035 on: August 11, 2014, 06:57:30 AM »

Ive noticed how the area you land in is always a temperate zone, with some decent grass and dirt areas and a few sand pits, how about adding a possibility of getting and artic, or Desert zone, like say the grass is whiter from snow, its no less fertile or anything just a cosmetic idea, however a desert area would have like one or two oasis areas with dirt to grow, which would force people on a hard mode where they would need to develop Hydroponics quickly to get a decent food supply for any colony above like three or four people. make another challenge basically. I mean the artic zone would fit the snow and heavy snow weather effects currently in the game. later on in long term builds you could make the artic area have like a temperature buff or whatever where you take slight damage if not wearing good clothes for a winter area. but thats not needed right now.

jankhambrams

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 11, 2014, 12:58:07 PM »

6. Ability to burn the trash.
By thrash I mean unused clothes, which are quite annoying sometimes in later stages.
Also it would be a nice option to melt weapons to metal (why not?).
The crematorium would be excellent if it also acted as an incinerator.  Another option would be something similar to a grave, but for burning things.  And while we're on that subject, it would be cool to see a campfire for cooking at some point, even if it's limited to simple meals, takes longer, and requires wood for fuel.

DeltaV

• Colonist
  • Armchair Rocket Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 13, 2014, 08:12:55 AM »

Flanking - when behind an enemy, 1.5x accuracy and damage.
Quote from: Douglas Adams
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

CrazyRu55ian

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 13, 2014, 07:07:01 PM »

Be able to designate tables to hold certain items. On top of that, be able to make thinner tables like 1X1,1X2,1X3 for "end tables".

I'd like to have hospitals with medkits on iron tables

DeltaV

• Colonist
  • Armchair Rocket Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 14, 2014, 08:44:49 AM »

If a colonist with the 'cannibal' trait is assigned to be a cook and there's nobody in the room with him, he will occasionally butcher up a dead body and put it into the meal regardless of what you're telling him to cook. Non-cannibal colonists who eat it will get a -5 "Something tastes off" penalty, but as long as nobody sees it they're won't get the "ate human flesh" modifier.
Quote from: Douglas Adams
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

christhekiller

• Tester
  • Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 14, 2014, 08:17:38 PM »

When there's an order to haul stone blocks and then a follow up order to build something in the same square as that to-be-hauled stone block the order gets canceled when the stone is moved out of the way for construction, or if there's been construction in that square.

Can that not happen? It is a bit annoying having to reselect stone to be hauled after construction,

christhekiller

• Tester
  • Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 14, 2014, 08:18:27 PM »

Also,

Perhaps a research like, "Burrying cable" which give cables just enough health to not be destroyed when a mortar hits it.

Avenger1001

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 14, 2014, 10:32:44 PM »

Body bags- temporary graves that last up to 2 weeks before rotting from the inside, reducing morale.

Hidden gun emplacements. A seemingly peaceful shed, then a machine gun opens up from inside, straight into you. Surprise Attacks

Textiles customising clothes and building your own with a wooden mill for muffalo's wool to be turned into cotton, shearing done at butchers/modded table.

tanning would be like this, with hides as a byproduct of butchering, and a tanners workshop (special table) as the mill

Lost Cause

• Drifter
  • Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 15, 2014, 12:14:05 AM »

Plants illuminated by a sun lamp should grow 24 hours a day. Alternatively sun lamps shouldn't use power at night.
It just seems silly to me that plants that are growing inside a mountain are still effected by the day/night cycle despite never seeing the sun while you have to provide crazy amounts of power to keep a sun lamp running 24 hours a day.
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

user27

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 15, 2014, 02:20:54 AM »

what about an armored stone wall?
or an armored stone embrasure?

i know i could probley do both in less then 4 hours but i woulden't know what i need to include with it if i wanted to distribute it as a mod

ehh713

• Muffalo
  • Stranded Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 15, 2014, 02:27:24 PM »

Hello all,

Concrete floors should be able to afford protection to ground power cables

Colonists should have a class such as a "roboticist" that can rewire cyborgs to be colonists or friendly NPCs.. perhaps this is complex as they would have different mood traits. Either way if this is supposed to be a futuristic colony sim then I am surprised that there are no cyborg options at embark.

Allow reinforcement of roofs to better withstand mortar attacks

Construction of "fortifications" a la DF, that you can shoot over but cannot pass.

Natural disasters... perhaps also complex.

EMP weapons other than the grenades

Silver mining

Can you convert some of the food plants to be seen as a health kit for healing? As if they are healing herbs...

I have more for the complex ideas thread, but you are hopefully already thinking of many of them (such as multiple z-levels, mating/children)

Thanks for the game!

rtiger

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 15, 2014, 03:34:22 PM »

This should be rather cheap to do.

Allow us to choose how often the game autosaves in the options.

henk

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 15, 2014, 10:38:12 PM »

I think my idea could be implemented in under 4 hours:

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5482.0

Barley

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 17, 2014, 04:44:31 PM »

How about the ability to prioritize sleeping and eating? It's annoying when, during a siege, you want to sortie and kill the pirates, but your colonists are half-awake or half-hungry, and the trip is too long to go on an empty stomach.

This way you could get your colonists to sleep and feast, then head out to battle all full and awake.

skivvy96

• Drifter
  • Struggles to survive
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 17, 2014, 07:02:18 PM »

Maybe a wall light for underground bases or street lamp type thing for streets for your colonies streets. Also maybe a trench, bunker or anything that could be used to protect your colonists more effectively from mechanoids. Lastly maybe reprogram or create your own mechanoids or droid things.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:08:56 PM by skivvy96 »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 400