Assign colonists to stay in an area.

Started by henk, August 15, 2014, 10:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henk

I have two bases fairly far apart, one where I landed and the other where all of the metal mines are. Both bases are self-sustaining, with hydroponics, a cooking station, and beds. Unfortunately, my colonists keep walking between the bases any time there's work to be done in the other base that they can help with. They don't understand that they're assigned to a particular base.

Please give me a way to lay down a zone for a colonist so that it won't take work outside of that zone!

Dibblah

ehh713

Yes... this is much needed to keep colonists working when trying to ignore an invasion for specific colonists while the others fight. we need burrows

James009

Dwarf Fortress has a feature that you can have people only work in certain areas and it works pretty damn well. I'd love to see something similar in Rimworld.
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

cj9999

YES, Please
do this!

It is quite annoying to load the game after the raids when you realize that some your idiotic colonist went to repair turret into middle of gunfire.

Bruvvy

Yeah, this would be awesome if It was added :D

MajorFordson

Perhaps a new type of Zone to assign colonists to? Or an item where you set the radius that a certain colonist can move within?

Matthiasagreen

Similar idea, but I would rather have a no-go zone, where you tell your people not to go. Don't want them to leave the base for a bit? Mark the entrance no go.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

thefinn

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on August 27, 2014, 12:48:11 PM
Similar idea, but I would rather have a no-go zone, where you tell your people not to go. Don't want them to leave the base for a bit? Mark the entrance no go.

Yeah both would be great, I was thinking this today. The current system of the "home zone" constantly re-writing itself and you having to get in and change it every 5 seconds is completely annoying - just in order to stop your colonists going out past the blast doors.

BetaSpectre

Actually I prefer having multiple colonist specific home zones.

This allows the semblence of several colonies.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Damien Hart

Quote from: thefinn on August 27, 2014, 01:30:27 PM
Quote from: Matthiasagreen on August 27, 2014, 12:48:11 PM

Yeah both would be great, I was thinking this today. The current system of the "home zone" constantly re-writing itself and you having to get in and change it every 5 seconds is completely annoying - just in order to stop your colonists going out past the blast doors.

Are you talking about the home zone auto generating around your buildings? You know you can toggle that off, right?

( Tchey )

I support that suggestion, it's almost a must have on advanced colony with big bad stuff waiting to kill my toons.