Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cimanyd

Quote from: NeyoWargear on November 26, 2014, 11:30:47 PM
How about expanding what we can make at the tailoring table? Dusters and jackets.

:P

Quote from: Cimanyd on November 12, 2014, 11:02:00 PM
Quote from: Barley on November 12, 2014, 09:48:36 PM
Need Craftable Dusters.
Perfect compliment to cowboy Hats!
Must have stylish Colonists!

Quote from: Cimanyd on November 10, 2014, 11:13:20 PM
Quote from: Kain21 on November 10, 2014, 09:01:21 PM
Adding dusters to be tailored? it would be pretty cool

Changelog, Oct 24:
  • All melee and neolithic weapons and most apparel are craftable now.
"Most apparel." I assume dusters and jackets will be craftable, but not, say, power armor.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

mumblemumble

Giving boom-rats a gas sac organ responsible for their explosion if damaged, which can also be harvested IF killed without popping it.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Zael

I made a post about this already, but figured after the fact that theres a simple, cheapness to it. How bout an unforbid all feature? I hate going around my map and finding a random corpse I didn't see that I could have turned into delicious muffalo burgers, or a pile of metal that spawned in on start that I could have totally used to start up.

Moods

- Multiplayer
- 3d models
- colonist perhaps have something like being thirsty, or dirty (which requires them to take shower)
- stressed colonists who need to relax in an entertainment room just to reduce the stress or read books to relieve their stress
- colonists should have something like relationships with eachother (hate, love, likes, dislikes)
- too much stress and maybe the colonist might consider suicide or something
- there should be something like "minning gear, wood cutting gear" which increase the minning or cutting trees speed <= those are examples
- colonists can rest under the trees? or like bench chairs where colonists can relax outdoors or indoors depending on how busy they are
- colonists on certian age or experience, they can be as mentors that teach other younger colonists about their profession (like schoool classes or courses)
- enable half size blocks for decoration or something
- vending machine?
- more turrets such as flame thrower, grenade launcher, laser turret
- trap doors/ trap blocks that release spikes when enemy walk through or infront
- some lights go on/off when a colonist enter the room or leave or maybe something like wire system where u can hook cables and stuff where you can toggle certian rooms on/off or machines based on what you click (like exampe, the player selects a switch that is installed on the wall, and when he press it, a group of hooked up rooms/cables or anything he sets will go on/off or maybe if he wired turrets, the turrets will go on/off)
- wire system
feel free to join the teamspeak server at..

voice4rw.ts.nfoservers.com

Evelyn

In regards to practically everything you posted,

Quote from: Tynan on October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM
An idea is cheap if a developer could sit down today and have the feature finished in four hours or less.

If your idea is at all complicated or uses game systems or AI behaviors that are not already in the game, it is not cheap and should be posted elsewhere.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Evelyn on December 01, 2014, 05:57:42 AM
In regards to practically everything you posted,

Quote from: Tynan on October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM
An idea is cheap if a developer could sit down today and have the feature finished in four hours or less.

If your idea is at all complicated or uses game systems or AI behaviors that are not already in the game, it is not cheap and should be posted elsewhere.

What about bigger sieges/more defensible sieges? With a food system...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Thydread

Quote from: mrlembek on November 25, 2014, 08:44:15 PM
I was thinking if maybe add Alien races. That's all I got  :-X

I believe that Tynan has already said that there will be not "Alien" races, please correct me if i'm wrong.
Can i
NO!
But
NO!
I just
NO!
FOOD
ok

ZestyLemons

A ceiling lamp.

Also, reduce the power consumption of standing lamps in my opinion - knock them down to 80 watts instead of 150 watts.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Moods

when triebsmen use siege mortars to shoot your base (when your base is inside the mountain) there is a chance that the mountain will collapse ontop of your base (this is to make the game more challenging so even when people make base inside the mountains, they are not safe!)
feel free to join the teamspeak server at..

voice4rw.ts.nfoservers.com

Snowpig

Quote from: ZestyLemons on December 01, 2014, 11:21:10 PM
A ceiling lamp.

Also, reduce the power consumption of standing lamps in my opinion - knock them down to 80 watts instead of 150 watts.

add some technology research:
- energy saving lamp -> 15W
- LED lamp -> 2W

speaking of energy saving lamps: how about some general research on energy saving technologies? This would help with the power management.

Unwitnessed

Quote from: Snowpig on December 02, 2014, 07:01:23 AM

speaking of energy saving lamps: how about some general research on energy saving technologies? This would help with the power management.

I think this is an awesome idea and easy to implement.  Perhaps it could be done in several teirs?  Incandescent, Fluorescent (more energy efficient but with a negative mood modifier), LED, and finally Bioluminescence (most efficient with a positive mood modifiier)?

JimmyAgnt007

wall mounted lamps would be nice, not sure if its been said. 

i do like the vending machine idea, useful for a visitor area when other colonies come to visit so they dont eat for free.  this leads into my next idea

make a new 'junk food' meal type.  less filling, mood bonus, health problems if abused.

Wulfik

- Would be great if there was some vehicle or something like that, domesticated animal or anything like hover-board or cart or something just to  help your colonists carry stuff maybe just some backpacks or something ... maybe some teleportation gun that will shoot some beam at certain resource and teleport it directly to base maybe next to some beacon like trading one. I just wish they could pick 2 different stacks or twice as much of one resource. I myself, play only on biggest maps + dense mountain regions and it takes ages when there is some crashed cargo, dropped stuff or even dead bodies ( enemies/hunted animals ) to bring it all to the base.

- Oh yeah I almost forgot ! I would like some kind of PAUSE button in their timetable ( or what that is telling them importance of certain jobs ) so when you use that you can pause that column e.g. you have huge base much stuff going on and mostly with growing, when I have enough I stop production and when I wanna start it again I need to do so much clicking.

- Some  kind of combat management. By which I mean something that will tell your colonists/ turrets not to focus fire at only ONE TARGET. When you are being besieged by huge attacks and there is some path around mountain or so, and units are lined up, most of the time enemy will reach your base because first bullets will hit most of the time one target only or only those which are in front rows. It really is annoying when there is some attack and you try to defend yourself against it : there are ranged and melee attackers and your forces are focusing only on those melee ones while there are guys in the back that need PWNage. It would be great if there was "Tower Defense" like settings on things like : focus on CLOSEST, QUICKEST, or those who are most FAR or has BEST GUN / BEST ARMOR.

- Water would be cool as defense technique. Would slow down enemy, might be connected to some power source to make it offensive + defensive.

Evelyn

You can already micromanage targeting in combat by selecting the colonist and then hitting the weapon key and designating a target for them. Water already does slow you down if it's shallow.

Wulfik

Yea but you ant change where the water is + I play at Randy Random with 160% challenge and those attacks are little bit harder to MM you know.