RimWorld Fine Art and the Jungle Art Cult

Started by kinch_chasm, February 01, 2016, 08:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinch_chasm

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but not to Rimworld.

Recently I've started a colony that focuses on the creation of artworks. Mainly using wood from the jungle that envelops their stone fortress. Intrigued by the various descriptions, I thought it would be fun to recreate some of the sculptures in MS Paint.

http://imgur.com/a/6qOaK

The album linked should go to those I've made so far. I'm sure someone with better talent and with more time could do them justice.

When I paint them, I do it as swiftly as possible. Having done a few of them, I think it'd be really good if more locations, landscapes and the memories of the artist (perhaps using their original occupation descripition or background) could be added as it would give them more depth.

Wanting to try out Twitch, I've taken to recording them at from_the_chasm.  Was thinking I might do some time-lapses next. http://www.twitch.tv/from_the_chasm

Shinzy

kinch_chasm

Daman453

This is really good man! It reminds me of boat murdered.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

RoboticManiac

I especially like Lowell by Blue. The smiling head of a poet really ties it all together.

kinch_chasm

Yeh, I was trying to do a William Shakespeare. He was the only poet I could think of in the moment. What's Boat Murdered, did someone do a similar thing with Dwarf Fortress. I was thinking I might do some of that art found deep within those engraved walls next. :)

A Friend

Woah, cool.
Makes ya wonder how much of that devilshrooms those colonists sniffed up.

I remember there was a similar thread where people drew up the art and sculptures they found in game. Can't remember the title tho, so can't search for it.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Ryusho

OH Jeez, I come onto the forums to look around, find the thread that there is a link to this one, click the imgur link and..find out that apparently I have been making very strange sculptures in other peoples games.