[A12]Citymap v1.2

Started by Dramak, February 09, 2016, 07:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dramak

Citymap

Description:
This mod randomly generates a city with roads, buildings and inhabitants. Colonists will be dropped somewhere in the city (same as vanilla). In this version the city inhabitants belong to different factions.

City generation
- The city is randomly generated, it can be quite long. Between 1 and 2 minute on my laptop.
- This version is aimed to become kind of a paranoïd game, with theft, raids and stuff. So I set the fog of war to mask rooms as soon as you leave them. It can be a bit annoying. I'll release a version where fog of war simply disapear.
- Known bug : when you have created a city and you get back to the main menu, if you start to create a new one, it may not work. It's better to restart the game. (if someone has an idea why, I'd like to hear it)

Inhabitants' behavior
- In order to let inhabitants live in the city, I had to change their AI (in thinktree/humanlike.xml)
- I also had to change colonists's behavior in the same file for them not to go use other people's tables as gather spots.
- In addition, if people don't trust you (goodwill<40) they will not like you to be in their home. Their goodwill toward you will slowly decrease.
- If you claim their stuff, they'll get angry very quick (claiming their stuff, walls or furnitures, can be necessary, for exemple you need to claim their beds in order to use them otherwise colonists won't sleep in it) Use the Claim button in the Orders section.
- At this stage, people are acting kind of weird apart from you because they all belong to randomly picked faction and because very few food is generated on the map. People will soon be hungry...

What I plan to do next
- Improve the behavior of characters (colonists or others)
- put furnitures and people in hospitals, shops and restaurants.
- let the player set some option in the beggining (percentage of the map filled by the city, inhabited or not, by one faction or several, fog of war or not in already discovered rooms, etc.)
- add cars, not for use just for decoration (and ressources like steel and fuel)

Author/Mod Team
Dramak

Download
http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/109/?

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Fell free to tell me what you think !

Update
- Updated to v1.1. Correction of a bug when apparello was not in use.

Vas

Prepar for 10 pages of requests when people start testing this! :P

EDIT: I'd like to start a 400x400 sized map with a city in each of the 4 corners and start my city in the center of the map.  :P  But then I don't want to use this yet while it is in beta and such because I have a lot of mods, like.  A LOT of mods, and want it to be fully compatible with he mods I have created.

I don't know if you've done it yet but you could add hydroponics to your cities and see if you can get their AI to harvest from the hydroponics and take their food to their storage.  Perhaps you can use areas to control where the AI is allowed to work and such?  Who knows.  I don't know how it is implemented just yet.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

branch?

I create a new colony and there's only asphalt roads and 2-3 buildings? Is there a mod conflict?
how lit was it

Dramak

Thanks for your idea Vas. Unfortunatly simulating that kind of behavior will take some times. But i'd like inhabitants to act like that yes.
Thank you for triying, Long night's hooking. I think i found the problem, this version requires apparello. You can try using it if you want. But i'll remove this bug soon, maybe tomorrow.

Bob_Namg

Need to add power stations
Also perhaps you could replace the vanilla factions with:
-A police faction that gets mad if you attack them or civilians
-Civilians who don't belong to a faction or something
-Criminals/pirates who are tied to a vanilla faction maybe?

Also great work, this mod has caused me to play Rimworld again
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

eso

How to solve this problem ?

Dramak

Hi!
Thanks Bob namg! I'll try to do that. Good idea. Police could be hard I don't know i'll have to look.

Eso, yes maybe. None of these lines concern my mod but there must be a conflict with another one. I'll solve it soon but if you want to do it quickly, just go in citymap/languages and in every folder you change each file's name to something else (just add some letters). It dhould solve the problem. If not, could you send me the list of mod you use?

If you liked or unliked something (especialy in the inhabitants behavior) tell me!

eso

Quote from: Dramak on February 10, 2016, 09:36:19 AM
Hi!
Thanks Bob namg! I'll try to do that. Good idea. Police could be hard I don't know i'll have to look.

Eso, yes maybe. None of these lines concern my mod but there must be a conflict with another one. I'll solve it soon but if you want to do it quickly, just go in citymap/languages and in every folder you change each file's name to something else (just add some letters). It dhould solve the problem. If not, could you send me the list of mod you use?

If you liked or unliked something (especialy in the inhabitants behavior) tell me!

I do not use the mod's. Your mod I really liked and I would like to solve this problem. Errors occur when the active mode.
ps: probably due to the fact that I use A12d ?

LustrousWolf

This mod sounds really good! Has a lot of potential, can't wait to check it out :)

Dramak

I updated the file, now it should be ready without apparello!
Eso, I think it was your problem too.

MightyGooga

Guys Post some pictures please! :)

eso

after the upgrade to version 1.1 mode to work, thank you very much

Orion

What I think would be nice is the option to create a ruined city, without people living in it (or the occasional gang of raiders). So some stuff might still be okay, but mostly things are destroyed. I believe it will also fit the RimWorld setting very well.

Oh and... pictures please ;)

lolznan123

how do you edit the options on citymap? :)

Haplo

Quote from: Canute on February 12, 2016, 06:14:25 AM
Looks like it don't work together with Misc+MAI mod's.
It don't generate a city on start.
Miscellaneous has an own MapGenerator to make Blueprint-Ruins.
If you want this to work with it, you'll have to load this after Miscellaneous.
That will overwrite the blueprint generator there.