Android sickness

Started by Grimandevil, February 15, 2016, 06:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimandevil

So, one of my guise is android, got downed by severe case of... Flu.
I guess, humanity in this game succeeded in making such human-like robots, they even get deseases..
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Listen1

We need advanced bionic antibodies

mumblemumble

Do you mean android as in augmented extensively,  or a mod? Augmentation doesn't effect blood filtration or anything as far as i know, and there's still fleshy bits left.

I suppose a bionic kidney / antibodies would be pretty damn cool though,  giving a 300% boost against getting infection / recovery.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Grimandevil

An android is basically a robot with human-like appearance. Those augmented are cyborgs.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

mumblemumble

Exactly,  so its a mod,  because iirc there's no full androids in vanilla rimworld.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Haplo

If you mean the trait Android, that is a trait I added to MAI to give her some special things like the Psycho immunity. This doesnt suppress the normal colonist illnesses though. But MAI itself should have some code to prevent illnesses, i think..

Unfortunately this trait may be used by other characters too. so they get the advances, but they dont have the illness imunity..

Grimandevil

my bad, i thought its a vanilla trait.
Its just, the whole situation amused me that much.