I love this community! :)

Started by Adamiks, March 07, 2016, 11:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

I just had a thought to make topic like this one, i dunno, just some random improvement of mood, i guess :D

So, i just wanted to say, it's amazing how clean and healthy this forum is, it's not that easy to get banned or so here, because most admins (welp, i got some warnings i don't really agree with, but i never got banned for them, so that's ok) are generally nice people, from my experiences on other forums/games etc it's not really a common thing, most moderators think they're above the most important rule - don't be an asshole, just because they're moderators, they throw bans and warnings left and right instead of saying a single word, not to mention trying to solve a problem with a nice talk.

So props for you, admins :)

Especially props for Ramsis, when i was acting like an asshole (i don't remember what happened, honestly :D) instead of just banning me or giving warnings he talked with me, and not even in a moderator-user way, but just like a regular guy with another regular guy.

So well, love ya, everyone <3

No homo tho, haha :D (but full hetero, if you know what i mean, girls ^^)

(reader, if you're homosexual don't take my jokes seriously, i honestly don't care how someone look or what he is doing as long he is a nice person and doesn't hurt anybody ;) )

What i'm saying is a really good example of what you can do if you'll simply stay positive and try to solve the problems, by just talking, instead of ruling the forum with an iron hand and a banhammer (and then people are salty about that, they get banned too and on the end, forum is kinda dead). So even if someone is acting like an asshole, try to stay positive, after all, everyone is a human here (i hope so at least... I'm pretty sure StorymasterQ is some kind of an alien or part of illuminati, he is all over this place and Q stands for Quote, most people quote him, it's a true mystery, people, no joke...), we all have worse and better days, all what we need to do to make world a better place is reach out to people, help them even if they don't want your help, talk about problems instead of making even more of them. From time to time there will be someone whose only goal is to troll and make people mad, but it's not that hard to distinguish such people from people who are generally nice but they just have a worse day.

And if someone is simply too aggressive in controversial discussions, better talk with them about that, say "hey, dude, even if we don't agree with each other, that doesn't mean we can't be friendly" or something like this instead of throwing your two cents in whole discussion and arguing about him arguing. Tho, that being said, in practice, i'm not that wise and friendly when it comes to such conversations, but i still have time to learn how to control my emotions, so well, it doesn't matter if we fail, but it does matter if we try.

Seeing "You're banned: Cool down" have rather opposite effect, i would say, and after all, being a moderator isn't about banning people because they broke the rules, but about making forum a better place, place which people want to visit really often.

Have a good day, and if you've read all my bullshit, then i'm really proud of you! :D

Peace! (fun fact "peace" and "room" is a one and that same word in Polish)

Listen1

So... much text... It would have hurt my eyeballs... If I had them! (Skeleton Pun!)

Thanks, this is a good forum, probably it is because of the mental age of everyone here. We just want to be polite and throw some ideias. So yeah, good forum.

Adamiks

Oh, *tibia* honest, i never planned to make it that long (shall i throw a *boner* pun right here? Nah, this forum is kid-friendly... oh wait... not anymore...), it's *pelvis* (not just) 'cause i can't keep my *jaw* shut.

Tickling ya too much? Welp, not my fault you have spare ribs.

What's wrong buddy? Am i too *humerus* for you? Welp, i guess i should become *comic*dian then, yeah?

Sorry for all of that, pal, you simply tickled my punny bone right there and i got really *sans*ational.

jzero

I truly agree. Even though I can be an asshole sometimes this forum is great.
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

Coenmcj

Story Isn't human, I'm 100% Certain that he's some kind of Artificial Intelligence permanently linked to the forums, have you seen his time on the forums?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

RickyMartini

StorymasterQ

Hey man, I'm human....ish. If you want to see my exploits elsewhere, every StorymasterQ you find in Google is me. Even that old GameFAQs I once wrote about a hentai game. Crazy times...
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

jzero

it has awoken. RUN SAVE YOUR LEGBURGERS
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

Coenmcj

Another Unique user? :D
Good to see someone who uses an Alias which noone else uses. :P
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Listen1

Gamefaq of a hentai game... ah my childhood...