[1.3] Map Reroll (2.7.1) - Pick your starting map

Started by UnlimitedHugs, March 28, 2016, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.3.0
There we go, this should work with 1.0 :P Here's a breakdown of the changes:

• Map stripping: this is a big one. Discarded maps are now guaranteed to be cleared from memory. If we can't kill the map, we can kill all of its constituent parts, freeing almost 100% of its occupied memory. This should take care of all those crashes we've been dealing with over the years.
    Additionally, the old map is now discarded before a new one is generated. This should help those cases where the game could not survive even one reroll.
  • Cave enforcement: rerolled maps will now always inherit the "has caves" property from the tile they exist on.
  • Fixes: rivers crossing rocks will now properly display on previews, and a compatibility issue with ROM Vampires has been resolved. The "Could not find drop spot" error on maps with filled in centers has also been fixed.
  • ModSync support: allows to easily check for Map Reroll updates right from within the game.

This is a testing release- as always, I rely on you to find the little issues that I may have missed.
Hope you have a good time :)
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

doc776

Neat! but I think something new in last nights dev game update broke this if it worked the day before.

Cant get it to actually generate the new chosen map after selecting from the list.

I only had the hugs lib after the core and then mapreroll. loaded the naked brutality scenario for testing.

pastebin log: https://pastebin.com/W0tu54EM

While writing this, gave another error about memory leak.

Madman666

This is the best time saving mod ever. Thanks for all your hard work @UnlimitedHugs.

Anniebenlen

*sniff* I really like 1.0 but *sniff* I really, missed this mod and... (bursts into tears and starts dancing jig of joy).

Sorry, got this under control now I think.  Modman, you're a good person and you should feel good.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.3.1

Looks like the game is still getting significant updates- if things break, let me know, and I'll push another fix.
The "map leak detected" error is a vanilla issue, and is quite safe to ignore.

Quote from: Anniebenlen on July 17, 2018, 06:44:54 AM
Modman, you're a good person and you should feel good.

Thanks guys. You are as much contributors to this project as I am- I just write the code.
Also, it just so happens that I do feel good- mod or no mod ;)
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Anniebenlen

Glad to hear that you're feeling good!  Um, I hate to maybe break that, but the mod isn't working for me right now.  I get the map previews just fine, but when I hit generate map it just... doesn't.  I tried with the couple o'dozen of other mods I have, then by itself (well, with hugslib active first, of course) and no luck.

Still, just know that this is going to be around when 1.0 breaks out for real makes me feel tons better.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Anniebenlen on July 18, 2018, 06:38:26 AM
Um, I hate to maybe break that, but the mod isn't working for me right now. 

Current version seems to work fine on my end- can you send me a Ctrl+F12 log?

Golden

I just used the current version earlier today and it worked great.  Thanks!  :)

Anniebenlen

Ok, since I seem to be the only one reporting this issue I decided to nuke Rimworld and re-install.  I deleted the version of this I had downloaded from GitHub (dunno if it was updated recently or not).  Long story short, it wasn't you darling, it was me.  Or something in my version of the game, I guess, because now it works dandy!

So glad.  I really like 1.0,  really, really missed playing with this mod.

KnewOne

UnlimitedHugs

Golden

I'm sorry to report, but the latest update seems to have broken Map Reroll, for me at least.  When I try to generate a rerolled map, the game crashes to the main menu and says to look at the error log.  I would do so, but I have no idea where to look.

Ruisuki

is this only for the initial map or for future colonies as well?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Golden on July 24, 2018, 07:49:38 PM
I'm sorry to report, but the latest update seems to have broken Map Reroll, for me at least.  When I try to generate a rerolled map, the game crashes to the main menu and says to look at the error log.  I would do so, but I have no idea where to look.

Looks like it. Since updates are frequent and compatibility-breaking, I may just wait until 1.0 is official. No point releasing updates one after another.

Quote from: Ruisuki on July 24, 2018, 11:53:00 PM
is this only for the initial map or for future colonies as well?

Settled maps can be rerolled, as well.

Golden

I do understand your point, UnlimitedHugs, but I still miss using the mod.  :)

Since I've been restarting so frequently with all the updates, the mod has been used many many times more than usual.  LOL