[1.3] Map Reroll (2.7.1) - Pick your starting map

Started by UnlimitedHugs, March 28, 2016, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: StormySunrise on November 19, 2016, 01:41:57 PM
Hi, Ive been having some confliction when loading Map Reroll with Glitter tech
it cannot seem to load the unity.engine/texture for any of the Glittertech stuff when I have Map Reroll enabled.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Have you restarted your game after changing your mod setup? That seems to be the most common cause for broken textures.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

StormySunrise

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on November 19, 2016, 02:12:30 PM
Quote from: StormySunrise on November 19, 2016, 01:41:57 PM
Hi, Ive been having some confliction when loading Map Reroll with Glitter tech
it cannot seem to load the unity.engine/texture for any of the Glittertech stuff when I have Map Reroll enabled.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Have you restarted your game after changing your mod setup? That seems to be the most common cause for broken textures.

I activated all the mods at once, which is probably why I got the problem, i just actiated and restarted a couple of time and it was fixed

Lambert2191

-Censored for Profanity-

UnlimitedHugs

HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.5.0

Yeah, you know what time it is! Update time! Map Reroll is ready once again to give you a head start on your perilous journey.
I've also added a notification and sound for the discovery of the secret feature, so you don't have to guess.

Beathrus

Lucifer

"There is no such thing as second place, Only first loser."

BlackGyver

Hello! I'm loving the mod, a godsent to get those perfect maps! I do have one question/request, though; the mod doesn't play well with the ship crashlanding mod, but I thought "that's fine, I'll just crash anywhere, enjoy the crashlanding starting events, build a temporary base, then move on to another worldtile I actually want to settle and reroll that map to get a good one", only to find out afterwards that you can't reroll anything but your starting map!

Is there a way to reenable the map reroll for subsequent maps on other world tiles? I looked at the code, but I'm no wizard and I couldn't find the part that governs this.

Thanks in advance!

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: BlackGyver on January 07, 2017, 11:26:53 AM
Is there a way to reenable the map reroll for subsequent maps on other world tiles? I looked at the code, but I'm no wizard and I couldn't find the part that governs this.

Hey :)
The thing is, rerolling non-starting maps would require a different approach than the one used for the starting map. This would increase complexity and decrease the likelihood that the mod will get updated the next time around. This is mostly due to the various additions made to the map by scenarios.
So, maybe once the updates settle down a bit.

I can take a look at the crash landing conflicts, but no promises there, since it may require changes on CL's side.

Preciousgamer

Can someone please message me and tell me what the secret feature is.  I can't seem to find it.

Headshotkill

Tell me the secret or I'll put a curse on you...  8)

BlackGyver

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on January 08, 2017, 11:48:28 AMI can take a look at the crash landing conflicts, but no promises there, since it may require changes on CL's side.

To narrow down a bit what I said when I mentioned issues with it; the starting crashlanding event doesn't fire at all if you reroll the map.

Thanks for replying, I'll be looking forward to rerolling non-starting maps! No pressure though, your mod is already amazing. :D

sulusdacor

currently can't reroll with the version of map reroll and hugslib. i tried steam and offline version. both times,same error:

https://gist.github.com/f1283624475ed2dac3c9f7b943db6043

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: sulusdacor on January 12, 2017, 11:46:51 AM
currently can't reroll with the version of map reroll and hugslib. i tried steam and offline version. both times,same error:

That's pretty strange. What OS are you playing on? Anything unusual about your hardware configuration?
I made a test build to try and address the issue- try installing the mod from the attached file, and see if that helps.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

sulusdacor

sadly does not work with the test either, same error.

i am runing win 7 and have a pretty normal pc i think. it was like 800 euros. if that was what you were asking for (pc noob here^^). if you want the exact hardware stuff, i probably have that somewhere if that thing helps you.

never had any errors like this with other mods/base game. but haven't played much in a16, modding more currently. the other mods i loaded up from a16 worked. in a15 map reroll was fine. i'm currently doing a bit of a biome mod thing, so i was thinking of the mapreroll, since it saves some clicks when testing stuff. not a big deal if it does not work. just wanted to let you know ;)