"Cannot haul because on fire" - 1123

Started by mumblemumble, March 29, 2016, 02:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

So, one thing which is rather annoying, is items on fire cannot be grabbed, and to put out fires, you need a home region, which seems just slightly micromanagy... Could we possibly get a reverse designation to put out fires by right clicking them? This would be nice for grabbing boomrat bodies that get killed without throwing down a home zone. Also, if you try to send someone to haul something and its on fire (assuming it is commanded to a person who can fight fires) I would think the command should still work, but first also command them to put out the fire on it, instead of straight telling them you cannot haul it.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

skullywag

Hmmm this used to work....and i swear ive seen them grabbing on fire bodies..have to test this one.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

mumblemumble

I thought so too, but try shooting a boom rat, unforbid the corpse, and try hauling it....says you cannot haul it.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Tynan

Drafted pawns will put out fires next to them. This may help.

Moving this to Suggestions.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Limdood

colonists will ignore the "on fire" aspect of objects if they are grabbing them on their own (but you cannot manually assign them to haul a flaming object).  For example, a pawn hunting a boomalope will run in and grab it as part of the hunting action (and will do so even if they can't haul btw).