[Bug] 0.13.1133 non Violent colonist starts social fight?

Started by jacko21297, April 06, 2016, 02:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacko21297

One of my colonists who is incapable of Violent tasks, somehow gets into a "social" fist fight with another colonist, surely she should have ran away instead?
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ― André Gide

mumblemumble

This also applies to berserk,  actually...  Not sure if intentional or not.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Tynan

Jacko you're actually totally right. They really shouldn't.

Real bug.

Berserk is something else - them going insane. But social fighting isn't insanity.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

mumblemumble

Just a thought tynan... Could a berserk have a chance of permanently disabling pacifism in a character?

I know I've suggested personal growth / mental changes before,  but i think this would be an easy idea to start implementing that... A person snapping out of it,  but realizing how good violence felt,  so warming up to the idea.

I mean,  this is after all how the cannibalism back story goes,  tried it,  liked it ,  and changed because of it..  I think this applying to other stuff depending on the chance,  details surrousurro it ect,  might be interesting ..
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

psilous

Quote from: mumblemumble on April 07, 2016, 05:57:32 AM
Just a thought tynan... Could a berserk have a chance of permanently disabling pacifism in a character?

I know I've suggested personal growth / mental changes before,  but i think this would be an easy idea to start implementing that... A person snapping out of it,  but realizing how good violence felt,  so warming up to the idea.

I mean,  this is after all how the cannibalism back story goes,  tried it,  liked it ,  and changed because of it..  I think this applying to other stuff depending on the chance,  details surrousurro it ect,  might be interesting ..

I was just thinking the other day about how traits & adulthood job should be a bit better integrated into skills. Like someone who is identified as a chef should have a base level for both growing and cooking. They should also be prevented from losing experience points in these skills. The whole process of selecting colonists has gotten a bit complicated. You have to filter for age/traits/skills/possible negative relationships. I almost feel that we shouldn't see the negative traits and they are only discovered once the colonists fall to the planet. I think that would be in line with taking the turrets manual aiming abilities away.

ison

Pawns incapable of violence have 0 chance to start a social fight, so it must have been the other pawn who started the social fight.

psilous

my favorite combination today summed up in a picture. Incapable of Violence...but volatile...

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Kolljak

Quote from: Tynan on April 06, 2016, 02:39:50 PM
Jacko you're actually totally right. They really shouldn't.

Real bug.

Berserk is something else - them going insane. But social fighting isn't insanity.
On that note shouldnt psycopaths have an increase for social fights and pacifists [non violent] have a reduced chance. or non at all.

Kolljak

Quote from: psilous on April 07, 2016, 07:45:30 PM
my favorite combination today summed up in a picture. Incapable of Violence...but volatile...

#SheldonCooper

ison