Harvesting crops

Started by gmliquidmedia, April 09, 2016, 06:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmliquidmedia

Hello my colonists are not harvesting anything I have set growing to #1 on a couple of them and they skip it completely. even when I have growing zones ready for harvest they just go to research set to #4.  I have to set orders to harvest pick the corps and then Force them to harvest one plant at a time.  I really like the game and have been playing for about a year now, I hope this gets fixed because for me this is a game braking bug. Thanks 

asanbr

It sounds like your crops haven't finished growing to 100%. If they haven't you can harvest manually like you describe.

You can also increase the priority for "plant cut" , that's the job they do when harvesting things that you marked for cutting. If you only prioritise growing and the plant isn't fully grown, they will not auto-harvest it, even if it is marked for harvesting.

People don't research if there is anything else they can do (with normal priorities). Maybe you had a forbidden zone, locked door, or something else. But I don't think it's the game.

Angiel

Quote from: asanbr on April 09, 2016, 09:50:30 PM
It sounds like your crops haven't finished growing to 100%. If they haven't you can harvest manually like you describe.
he said in his post that he had crops ready to harvest that means 100% grown
You can also increase the priority for "plant cut" , that's the job they do when harvesting things that you marked for cutting. If you only prioritise growing and the plant isn't fully grown, they will not auto-harvest it, even if it is marked for harvesting.
harvesting a ready to harvest plant in your grown area was under grow in A12 idk about A13 haven't tried it yet, i set my colonist #1 to grow and #2 to cut and after they harvest the plant they should have proceeded to plant one in that spot according to priorities, but the colonist would harvest all ready to harvest plants and then after all were harvested get to plant new ones. i think cut goes for the ones u specifically say to harvest with the harvest tool or chop down trees. again i don't know if this is still valid for A13

People don't research if there is anything else they can do (with normal priorities). Maybe you had a forbidden zone, locked door, or something else. But I don't think it's the game.
this may be true in his case, maybe that area is forbidden and he can't reach it hence he is not harvesting.

Tynan

gm, can you post a savegame perhaps? We'd need that to reproduce the issue. Just zip and attach it please!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog