3 Strikes, I'm Out!

Started by IrishRimMaster1, April 09, 2016, 07:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishRimMaster1

Funny story in Rimworld... the seed I chose was Alpha 12, since I have alpha 12(haven't updated yet). So I loaded up a game in a flat spot, and guess what! There was a building spawned inside a mountain/hill, full of those mechanical bug-looking things ( I is noob at Rimworld, forgive me). They slaughtered me. So I tried again. Same seed, different area, same result. At first I thought it was just un-luck, but for the third time I tried, same seed, different spot halfway across the area, STILL THE SAME RESULT. I was furious and curious. For those Rimworld experts, tell me what's happing please? I might just try again, but I need insight.

IrishRimMaster1

Just an update, I tried a new area with the same seed and I found 4 pre built buildings. 3 of them where empty, but one of them had some cryo-pods. So yhea...

Bob_Namg

I'd suggest not opening ancient ruins until you have a decent number of armed colonists (or better armed colonists IE snipers[sniper rifle out-ranges scythers]) in case it's full of mechanoids.
Breaking them open is a gamble. Hell opening the cryopods is a gamble. And usually you get a message stating "so and so feels an ancient evil in this building" when they approach a mechanoid ruin. 
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

IrishRimMaster1

I know... I even see the messages, but I don't even care. If I ever run into one, I save the game, open the building, and if it kills me, I reload. If it doesn't, I keep playing. My real question is how does the random generator generate 4 buildings in a row in different locations. HOW?