[A14] Edge Technologies (V1.0 updated:14-08-16)

Started by chaotix14, April 10, 2016, 07:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotix14

Edge Technologies

Powered by

Description
Currently the mod contains a sustainable method of gathering metals and medicine, a new power gen option, the ability to make new farmland and a couple extra metals(platinum, cobalt, titanium and titanalloy).

Download:
This mod requires CCL to function.
Download

Warning: to those who are updating from 0.20.1, remove all alloy forges you have in your saves before updating!

Changelog
1.0 - From the ashes update. Adds a way to make medicine, some balances and fixes, and CCL integration.

Authors
Mining robots, robotics, robotics bench and bioreactor textures: Mrofa.
Robot mining complex: JoeysLucky22.
Authors: Chaotix14, RalphFox

Future plans
- Balancing.
- Bash head against texture work. Which is currently the limiting factor in getting stuff done.
- High tech power solutions.
- More techy end game stuff.

How to install
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- Always load this mod after Community Core Library.

licence
This mod is free therefore I require that any derivatives of this mod are free as well.
This mod may be added to any modpack as desired. Derivatives of this mod must contain significant changes and a different name.
If you publish a derivative of this mod or add this to a publicly available modpack attribute the original authors. And I request that you let me know about it.

passi965

Some Screenshots would be helpfull.
Still sounds interesting.

chaotix14

Quote from: passi965 on April 10, 2016, 08:14:29 AM
Some Screenshots would be helpfull.
Still sounds interesting.

Not much to screenshot, maybe my lousy recolors and the menu's. But it might spruce the page up a bit.

Ramsis

Doesn't matter the quality for now, requesting screenshots please <3
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

BLITZER

Hey.I am BLITZER and i am a robot from the future trying to save humanity you know the same thing.
PS:i am a time traveler

chaotix14

Quote from: Canute on April 10, 2016, 09:59:30 AM
Does i understand it right ?
It is a stationary manual driller which can mine any kind of ore.
But you need to assign a pawn to mine.

Sounds interesting, special as early low tech variants.

Yup that's the gist of it. Though it's not an early game type, you'll need to go at least to having the high tech research table, at that point you can start mining. But if you want to become fully self sufficient you'll need the components workbench too.

Iwillbenicetou

What about plasteel? That thing's really important
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

chaotix14

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on April 10, 2016, 10:28:29 AM
What about plasteel? That thing's really important

Oh, right probably should add a screenshot of the new alloy forge. But, yeah you can make plasteel using the materials gathered in the mine(steel, cobalt and platinum to be exact) by smelting it together in the alloy forge.

chaotix14

Just a small question to verify something. Does anyone else see a lot of titanium structures(about as common/more common than steel ones) appearing in their worldgen? Or is that just something happening to me.

Zederikus

Oh my god this mod is everything I need.
My only ever problem was the low supply of metals and trading for them with potatoes or rice is unreliable and/or tedious. THANK YOU

chaotix14

Quote from: Zederikus on April 11, 2016, 05:49:58 AM
Oh my god this mod is everything I need.
My only ever problem was the low supply of metals and trading for them with potatoes or rice is unreliable and/or tedious. THANK YOU

Yeah, figured since none of the other options had been updated for alpha 13 yet and I had the basics for the production working I'd just slap it down here.

Salphy

chaotix14

Quote from: Salphy on April 11, 2016, 09:08:05 AM
Where's the download link? Am I stupid?

Bottom of first post. It's an attachment. So you're not stupid, nor blind. It just ain't a big old download link.

Don't have a dropbox or github account so till the mod file becomes too large to just be an attachment, that's what I'm going to use.

SarahSnowy

I also cannot find the download link. Love to try out the mod but I've literally clicked all over the first post looking for the link =(

JerryBi

look at string "  [A13]Edge Technologies V0.14.rar (193.53 kB - downloaded 52 times.) "