Too much background disabling dumb labor?

Started by Spare74, April 11, 2016, 03:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spare74

Hello guys,
I felt like it was the case already before in A12 but I've played 3 run in A13 and I always end up with half of my colonist being incapable of doing dumb labor witch gets crippling really fast...

Am I the only one feeling that way?

Regret

Sounds like RNG trouble.
I never have a shortage of dumb labor types, though for some reason in my last game more than half of the colonists refused to haul. (4/7)
Only one of them refused all dumb labor so i haven't had a base this clean before.

Negocromn

probably, each alpha the colonists get more and more dysfunctional

Spare74

Quote from: Regret on April 11, 2016, 03:42:42 PM
Sounds like RNG trouble.

I don't know, just sit at character generation and spam the random button. I get  shit ton on colonist incapable of dumb labor :s

mumblemumble

Dumb labor and violence are the 2 worst to have disabled, everything else can be worked around.

I once had a colony with 3/7 colonists who wouldn't fight, that ended badly.... Pet cougar helped, but not enough.

Good news is disabled skills  or bad traits bump up other skills and vice versa, generally people capable of everything with good traits have crappy skills, and people with high skills have skills disabled or bad traits.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

jaeden25

Have dedicated haulers and cleaners when you run into this problem, that's the best way to combat it.

RX2000

I've noticed it too, it seems a little worse in this update.

I think we should have the option to force pawns that dont like hauling or cleaning to do it, but with a pretty severe penalty to mood. The only people who should be truly incapable of hauling stuff should be people who have some sort of handicap (no arms, no legs, etc.)

captiva

I noticed this too when I was trying to generate some characters, at least half, probably more would be incapable of dumb labor.

I had one with a Sheriff that made him incapable of almost everything and some other background that made him incapable of violence among others. He could only perform one job out of the entire list of skills, it was ridiculous.