[A13] Captured enemy in cryptosleep casket causes trade error

Started by uly, April 14, 2016, 06:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uly

This may be 1 or 2 connected bugs. I have not tried to reproduce the bug, but the rough sequence is as follow:

1. Build a cryptosleep casket.
2. Capture an enemy.
3. Reduce the number of enemy beds, forcing your pawn to move the enemy into the crypto casket.

The above is "bug 1" -- seems like an odd behaviour to move an enemy into the casket without explicit order. But the above further seems to trigger the following:

4. With the enemy in the casket, try to trade (either with a visitor or via Comms).
5. Nothing would happen -- if the devmode is on an error message will pop up. (Unfortunately I did not record the message. But it said something about something not saved...)

ison

Quote from: uly on April 14, 2016, 06:09:04 AM
1. Build a cryptosleep casket.
2. Capture an enemy.
3. Reduce the number of enemy beds, forcing your pawn to move the enemy into the crypto casket.

I can't reproduce it. Could you attach a savefile where colonists take someone to a cryptosleep casket without telling them to do so?

Quote from: uly on April 14, 2016, 06:09:04 AM
4. With the enemy in the casket, try to trade (either with a visitor or via Comms).
5. Nothing would happen -- if the devmode is on an error message will pop up. (Unfortunately I did not record the message. But it said something about something not saved...)

It's a known bug which will be fixed in the next release.

uly

Sorry: I only thought about reporting the bug after the I already lost the save. This did happen to me twice, though. But I also cannot recreate it now that I tried.

What could have happened was that "Carry X to cryptosleep casket" is one of the options that shows up on a downed enemy. And when there are a number of downed enemies stacked together, the right-click options gets long and I tend to skim only the first few letters. So I might have confused "Carry X to..." with "Capture X..."

A suggestion I'd have is to change the wording from "Carry to cryptosleep" to something like "Freeze in cryptosleep". This is more on the level of UX, but since cryptosleep is such a rare action that I think it merits a more unique wording.

What I have noticed is that the option to cryptosleep an enemy is only available if she's downed -- you cannot cryptosleep a conscious prisoner. Sure you can knock them out first, but that feels like unnecessary brutality.

ison

It's difficult to come up with a better word than "carry". "Freeze" sounds a little bit weird.

Quote from: uly on April 14, 2016, 06:59:10 PM
What I have noticed is that the option to cryptosleep an enemy is only available if she's downed -- you cannot cryptosleep a conscious prisoner. Sure you can knock them out first, but that feels like unnecessary brutality.

Working as intended.

Thanks for the bug report, locking.