[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

TKCaesar

Do you plan on updating personal nanite shield.

Jaxxa

Yeah, the plan is to update that.

I just want to figure out a way of charging it while in caravans or attacking a base.

faltonico

Quote from: Jaxxa on January 22, 2017, 06:21:45 AM
I just want to figure out a way of charging it while in caravans or attacking a base.

A wearable 1x1 square solar power panel? xD

Jaxxa

I want to stay away from something that just allows the shields to be regenerated.

I am thinking some type of once use Charging Station / or Crystals.
But then the question of how to balance them, how much does it cost to make, how heavy are they to carry, how much shield energy can they restore?

Stage

Don't know what's possible, but I would prefer this:

- a portable recharge station that is light and small (1x1 or 2x2, couple of KGs) that uses charge cells. Once finished it may ejects an empty cell.
- empty charge cells are crafted with plasteel/gold/uranium and components at the component assembly bench
- they need to be charged at a heavy charging station
- recharge station can carry 2(4) charge cells, 1(2) charge cell should be enough to charge a shield
- charge cells are quite heavy, 5-10 kg/cell? So a Pawn can carry a 1x recharge of his shield (for balance I would say no more than 2 recharge per pawn, otherwise use the standard shield)

I could imagine a lategame solution for droppod-raids where you have an "all-in-one" charging station that only uses a lot of power

Jaxxa

I think most of that is possible, just will need to decide if that is how it should work.

Tiberiumkyle

Shields not working with Hardcore SK mod, tried with and without combat realism patch, and in different load orders, guessing it's something they've done specific to the modpack.  More an inconvenience than anything, while I do like having the option, I'll get by if making a compatibility patch isn't on the to-do list.

Jaxxa

What appears to be the issue?
Are there any errors or do the weapons just go through the shield?

Stage

I have a request:

Is it possible to "merge" the shields? Via a new shield type or a research (eg "shield harmonizing")
I run into this problem when I use 2 shields next to each other: my colonists try to shoot something through the other shield, but their shots get blocked ofc.

Jaxxa

Not currently possible as the game is right now. That would require a rewrite of how the shields are generated. It is a possibility that I will do that, but probably not for a while.

mysticmaple

You do well! Using Personal shield can thoroughly avoid sims's harm from battling or the things causing threat .  It is a realy useful mod as well as the ed-shields . ;D I rarely type English or use it ....

Tiberiumkyle

Quote from: Jaxxa on January 23, 2017, 12:43:55 AM
What appears to be the issue?
Are there any errors or do the weapons just go through the shield?

I'll check again for errors, but don't recall any in initial testing. Weapons fire simply ignored the shields, as did fires. Toggling the shield settings had no effect.

Edit: And now it's working. No clue why it wasn't, earlier, I've changed nothing.  Non-steam version, cause I prefer updating when I'm good n ready, not when steam wants to.

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Hey Jaxxa, what detours does Plant24H use exactly? I'm of a mind to try monkeying around with the raws myself and see what I can come up with. It's actually kind of funny that that's the ED mod I miss the most from A14, even over the more flashy mods like the nanoshield. The biggest barrier to late-game large colonies for me is having a large enough food surplus, and it's often due to not being able to grow crops quick enough due to the nighttime resting.

Codexehow

The shields are way too cheap. I'm limiting myself to one per game for balance.

They need to require gold, uranium, plasteel as well as silver. IMO.

Could we get a version like this pretty please?

Jaxxa

New Update for
ED-OmniGel and ED-ReinforcedStuff now A16
ED-ShieldsBasic Balance changes to use Components.