A way to make grenades

Started by Zblugg, February 03, 2014, 07:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zblugg

Well. There's already a somewhat abundant source of explosives in Rimworld, a source that is, for now, left untapped.

I'm of course talking about the "blasted" boomrats...

Perhaps in the future you could research a boomrat trap that doesn't kill them but puts them to sleep, so that your scientists may then "harvest" whatever is so unstable in their red little bodies. Said substance can afterwards be used to make grenades, or even explosive tripwire traps. A whole bunch of things, really!

Thins that go BOOM.

Galileus

This is a great idea! But I think harvesting the substance is a waste of time. Let's just add Boomrat Javelins :D

Zblugg

You basically just tie the BR on a stick and then let it FLYYYYYYYYYYY-BOOM!

Hahahaha! Do you see this in your brainmeats? Cuz I can TOTALLY see this...  :o

Galileus

Boomrat javelins, hand-thrown boomrats... thats just a start. Get rakes, put boomrat on the handle, leave on the ground covered in sand and await hilarity :D Except for the part where raider's head explodes. That gruesome, but hilarious.

Also, an assortment of cacti traps ^w^

Zblugg

Boompits - holes with boomrats at the bottom. If unspotted by raiders, they fall in and... BOOM! Also saves you the time-consuming graves-building. ;)

TimMartland

Imagine training RimWorld animals. 'Oh noes Jeff, look! Them darn colonists have themselves a pack of trained squirrels!' Harvesting Boomrats for some kind of volatile chemical would be awesome, especially if you could keep some in an area of the base and farm them. Would lead to some interesting colony development if your Boomrat farm...leaked.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

Untrustedlife

I really want tamed animals, I need a war muffalo.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK