A13 Compatibility

Started by Telkir, April 22, 2016, 02:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telkir

Please disregard this post; if a mod could delete it, that would be great.

Acruid

NoImageAvailable

Its a nice post but the information is wrong. Testing shows abstract defs don't exist outside the context of the mod they are defined in. You cannot reference Core abstracts in your mod and if you make changes to them they don't affect other mods using abstracts with the same name.

The only thing that changed in A13 with regards to abstracts is they can be referenced from other XML files but only if they belong to the same mod. So if you have two defs that define projectiles you can define a BaseBullet in one file and reference it from the other but you cannot use the BaseBullet from the Core mod.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

skullywag

Yep confirming what NIA has put, 2 mods with the same abstract def will not effect each other.

Easy test to do, 2 weapon mods that have the "baseGun" abstract with smeltable products set, remove the products from the earliest loaded mod, in your scenario the second mod would override that first ones abstract and therefore still produce products when the first mods guns are smelted....they do not.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Telkir

So be it. Apologies for the misinformation; could a mod please delete this thread at their convenience.