Colonists wont Watch T.V?

Started by viperwasp, April 24, 2016, 06:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viperwasp

I`m not posting this in the Bug Forum because I am sure I am just doing something wrong or T.Vs have changed in how they work? I have a Mega Screen T.V  Placed Couches in the viewing area and no one has used it? Maybe I have to use chairs instead?  I don`t know what I am doing wrong?
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

ChimpX

I assume you've checked that it's powered?
Also, when you installed it, are you sure you oriented it with the screen side facing the couches?

cultist

Quote from: ChimpX on April 24, 2016, 06:42:43 AM
I assume you've checked that it's powered?
Also, when you installed it, are you sure you oriented it with the screen side facing the couches?

I think they still use it if there's no chairs they just don't get any comfort.

viperwasp

Yes I did both of those things?  Hmmm....  I am using a couple mods I don't think they would cause this problem but you never know. I will give it a test on a fresh non-modded game to see if there is any difference sometime soon.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

cultist

it may also simply be too far from where colonists are working. if they have a closer option that they aren't super bored with they will often just take that. Like early on, my guys will constantly flock around the horseshoes pin because it's usually outside and they do a lot of their work outside in the beginning. Even though a table is reasonably close and they are getting bored with the pin. And yes, the table is set to gather at.

Nictis

Where are you getting the couches from?

Jakub k.

Xav

I was thinking about this the other night.

One of my colonists was sitting there in one of the elk-skin chairs, staring at the TV screen.

The thought occurred to me that he probably 'watching' something to the effect of either a blank black screen or the analog, no signal, "white noise".

To each their own, I suppose.  hahaha

Negocromn

they seem to watch tv very rarely, I was thinking the same on my first A13 colony as it took my colonists around 6 months to watch TV after it was built

horseshoes on the other hand is a daily activity for everyone in any colony I ever played since joy was introduced, they religiously play it every single day haha

Mathenaut

I think there is a metric for how effective a joy source is after multiple uses. So past a point, you'll see them resorting to horseshoes and cloudwatching at times. You essentially want to implement as many distinct joy features as you can if you want to avoid the 'wandering' and 'stargazing' nonsense.

Dspendragon

Would you watch tv , if there was no channels, Think about fallout4's tv , why build a tv theres nothing to watch.  :-l
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

Jakub k.

the game repeatably says that there are channels,just check the tv description.

ParkerFree

My colonists do watch tv, but rarely.  I think it's because it's way out of the way (a failure of design on my part).  Once I put it into the hospital area though, the sickies perked up. :)
Gaming since the 80s :D

Devon_v

Quote from: Jakub k. on April 24, 2016, 09:33:36 AM
theres no dot in the word tv
Actually there are two dots in the acronym T.V.. The word is Television. :)

cultist

Quote from: Negocromn on April 24, 2016, 02:45:06 PM
they seem to watch tv very rarely, I was thinking the same on my first A13 colony as it took my colonists around 6 months to watch TV after it was built

horseshoes on the other hand is a daily activity for everyone in any colony I ever played since joy was introduced, they religiously play it every single day haha

There was talk about hidden joy preferences at some point, but I'm not sure it ever made it into the game.