[ a13 ] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending

Started by topp2000, April 28, 2016, 01:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zxypher

Quote from: notfood on July 28, 2016, 08:07:14 PM
whew. Huge overhaul, I rewrote everything. It no longer uses strange item tabs, back to the bill system, you can toogle outside/inside right from the table commands. For the mod packer, you can change everything now, everything! Work to make, the recipes, you don't even need to use them in the same mending table.

I was debating into removing the mend work type, need advice here. Maybe roll it down to crafting? or tailoring? or smithing? It's per table... Removing it would make it save compatible, also uninstallable.

Please test this before I release on Steam. I tested it a lot but there may be issues.

1 component lasts a lot now, 6 more times than previous version. May just make a new item for fuel in next version, mending kit?.

The CCL is optional in the CCL version. If you don't use CCL, it'll spew an error you can ignore.
easymode version has energy halved and component consumption removed.

I'm testing on my game and so far nothing will repair. I also can't right click to prioritize...though I'm not sure if that is because it is broken or that feature is not supported by the bench.

Edit: I got it to mend some basic pants so I know it functions...still won't mend anything in my stockpiles or inside my base, I've tried toggling the "Everywhere/Only Roofed" option and that didn't help. Could it be modded items? I am using Infusion but the pants it fixed had an infusion. No errors in the log. Not sure what else to check atm.

Edit 2: It appears as though the toggle does nothing and the bench only accepts things that are *not* under a roof based on my tests.

Edit 3: I commented out your "Mending.CompProperties_FilterRoofed" comp in the Buildings_Production.xml and now it is working for things under a roof.

bess666

whew. Huge overhaul, I rewrote everything. It no longer uses strange item tabs, back to the bill system, you can toogle outside/inside right from the table commands. For the mod packer, you can change everything now, everything! Work to make, the recipes, you don't even need to use them in the same mending table.

I was debating into removing the mend work type, need advice here. Maybe roll it down to crafting? or tailoring? or smithing? It's per table... Removing it would make it save compatible, also uninstallable.

Please test this before I release on Steam. I tested it a lot but there may be issues.

1 component lasts a lot now, 6 more times than previous version. May just make a new item for fuel in next version, mending kit?.

The CCL is optional in the CCL version. If you don't use CCL, it'll spew an error you can ignore.

I test is easy version, and I got an error when I was repairing electric rifle.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Geyser spray sustainer still playing after 1000 ticks. Force-ending.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Gun_ChargeRifle35511 tried to de-register out of bounds at (-1000, -1000, -1000)

Tried to spawn already-spawned thing Gun_ChargeRifle35511 at (123, 0, 107)

Setting up 1 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 62c -> priority: 1

bess666

I think it is right remove the mend work type and replace it with to crafting.

notfood

Quote from: Zxypher on July 29, 2016, 02:46:51 AM
Edit 2: It appears as though the toggle does nothing and the bench only accepts things that are *not* under a roof based on my tests.

This could be. I'll check.

-edit- Yep, I confirmed it. Check is backwards.

Sarelth

I'm mending things fine that are under a roof. Have my storage setup inside a mountain, definitely has a roof.

Dave-In-Texas

I think a mending kit would be great; they don't necessarily need to be super expensive, just something that takes a LOT of work to make. I can visualize kits of various qualities, each repairing more damage and taking longer and longer times to make.. just like the various sculpture sizes do.

oh, in your modhelperdefs you have it requesting a version of ccl that doesn't exist (14.1 when its 14.0.1)

notfood

CCL latest is 0.14.1 it does exist. But it isn't required to be the very latest, next version with the kits I'm replacing it.

Belgrath

I think removing the mending skill would be a great idea. Just use crafting instead of mending skill
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: notfood on July 29, 2016, 12:22:41 PM
CCL latest is 0.14.1 it does exist. But it isn't required to be the very latest, next version with the kits I'm replacing it.

LOL.  Then i'm using a slightly out of date version of ccl :)

notfood

Almost there for release. Please test.

Mending 0.14.1.1 CCL Optional
Mending 0.14.1.1 Easy Mode Half the power, no fuel, no mending kits.

Changes!
Mending kits added! Cheaper than components (produces 5). Crafted in electric tailoring workbench from steel and cloth. Produces maybe too much, maybe too little, I'd like your opinions. I can't add it to the mending table because you'd need mending kits to craft mending kits.
Mending table now consumes mending kits.
Mending job has been moved to crafting, it's save compatible now. Mending job has a slightly higher priority than normal crafting. Good? Bad?
Split the mending recipes into simple and complex. Simple takes a quarter of the time and requires half the skill (4 Crafting).
CCL is still somewhat optional, if you want traders to bring you Mending Kits, that's it, plus the less energy usage when idle. Spews error if no CCL found, you can ignore it.

Bugfixes!
No more spamming this on console:Tried to spawn already-spawned thing Gun_ChargeRifle35511 at (123, 0, 107)
It now searches properly under roof. It was backwards and borked.

If you want me to add translations, now is the time.

I dislike the current image for mending kit, do you have any to contribute?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Belgrath

Quotebecause you'd need mending kits to craft mending kits..
Umm typo maybe?         ^     ^                    ^    ^
But do I need to make a mending kit to mend stuff with later?
"maybe..."

notfood

Use the electric tailoring table to craft a mending kit.

It'll be used to fuel the mending table.

Quote from: Belgrath on July 30, 2016, 02:59:41 AM
Quotebecause you'd need mending kits to craft mending kits..
Umm typo maybe?         ^     ^                    ^    ^
But do I need to make a mending kit to mend stuff with later?
I was explaining why I can't put the "Make mending kit" bill in the mending table.

Belgrath

LOL.. may bad.. the way the word wrap worked, I read it wrong.

Ok so just researched mendng and order mending bench but can't find anything new in the electric tailoring workbench?
This is an old save I'm using to test mending
"maybe..."

notfood

It's right there. Did you download the right version? Easy mode has no mending kits.

Belgrath

I think I'll shut up now.. went to the wrong save, its a hand-tailing bench not electric :(
"maybe..."