[ a13 ] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending

Started by topp2000, April 28, 2016, 01:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

witchyspoon

Quote from: sjohne on July 22, 2016, 06:22:16 AM

Thanks for this... does the Armour Repair mod have it's own modding forum entry? I couldn't find it anywhere :o...

I too am praying that someone will update mending. It's the ONE mod I can't play without ugh :-(...

there you go: Skullywags Defensive Mods

intyrist

Quote from: spoonshortage on July 22, 2016, 07:00:40 AM
Quote from: sjohne on July 22, 2016, 06:22:16 AM

Thanks for this... does the Armour Repair mod have it's own modding forum entry? I couldn't find it anywhere :o...

I too am praying that someone will update mending. It's the ONE mod I can't play without ugh :-(...

there you go: Skullywags Defensive Mods

Mending mod "Repair" pants, armor, weapons ... and don't change them. Skullywags mod just replace item with another item, with different colour and quality, that's sad.

Great

Quote from: falcongrey on July 22, 2016, 12:03:12 AM
Quote from: Great on July 21, 2016, 07:56:43 PM
SO,how do you mend?There's no mending job and your colonist can't prioritize the mending bench.

If you are trying to use this with A14 (or steam version) then it won't work correctly or at all. The mod was designed for A13. We are waiting and hoping for an update to A14 soon. <3

I am using this with 13 of course.I am realy stuck right now :(,i have some good gear at low health and can't use them.

witchyspoon

Quote from: Great on July 22, 2016, 10:30:55 AM

I am using this with 13 of course.I am realy stuck right now :(,i have some good gear at low health and can't use them.

have you started a new colony after adding the mod? It doesn't work with an old save bc it adds a whole new work type into the game.

Great

Quote from: spoonshortage on July 22, 2016, 10:38:18 AM
Quote from: Great on July 22, 2016, 10:30:55 AM

have you started a new colony after adding the mod? It doesn't work with an old save bc it adds a whole new work type into the game.
No,im using harcore sk.the mdo was already in and that was a fresh install.

gehennianviceroy

Is the A14 update to Mending being actively being worked on? It is one of the few mods I find are necessary. I might have a crack at updating it myself if it is being abandoned.

falcongrey

Quote from: gehennianviceroy on July 22, 2016, 04:39:16 PM
Is the A14 update to Mending being actively being worked on? It is one of the few mods I find are necessary. I might have a crack at updating it myself if it is being abandoned.

If I understood how to work on it... I would, though I would also work in a little bit of balancing. 

Short answer, I don't think so at the moment.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

falcongrey

I found the source code and trying to work on a WORKING update for the mod. I seem to have hammered out all the compiling errors so now I'm trying to fix the definition errors. (This last part is got me banging my head...)

Current hang up is: Failed to find Verse.ThingDef named TableMender.

So no one hold breath. But I'm getting there. :)

kybalion

Appreciate your working on it, hope you find the issue

bess666

If you will fix this mod is good! Can you change skill to create WorkType_Mending
Quote from: falcongrey on July 22, 2016, 10:13:14 PM
I found the source code and trying to work on a WORKING update for the mod. I seem to have hammered out all the compiling errors so now I'm trying to fix the definition errors. (This last part is got me banging my head...)

Current hang up is: Failed to find Verse.ThingDef named TableMender.

So no one hold breath. But I'm getting there. :)

If you will fix this mod is good! Can you change skill WorkType_Mending  to Crafting  :)

falcongrey

Ok, going to upload the broken mod, the source I'm working with and the original A12 I found (zipped inside) for someone who better understands this than I do. I'm not making any headway on this error.

SourceFiles  The A14 I have been working on is in Mending_SK/source. The A12 zip included is the untouched A12 source I tried to bring up to A14 with no success.

notfood

Exende

would be nice if someone would update the variation of this mod that requires repair kits to repair apparel/weapons, seems kinda dirty getting to repair durability to 100% for free

EDIT: a word

falcongrey

Quote from: Exende on July 25, 2016, 10:44:10 PM
would be nice if someone would update the variation of this mod that requires repair kits to repair apparel/weapons, seems kinda dirty getting to repair duration to 100% for free

I was simply trying to get it to work, though I did require components to build and repair the bench. It appears notfood is taking the mantel up next so hopefully we get at least a working mending bench, then can worry about balance. I do agree, the bench REALLY needs balance.

notfood

It's almost done... I don't know how to clean the table or move the result out so they pile up the apparels. Just like they used to do in Hardcore_SK A13...